• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

First shelf full. More to come. Annums will hit the germ chamber this week. I'll probably fill another tray with extras for family/friends too.
CyTusZr.jpg

I really love this stage. So much life. The circle of life continues :). Can't wait to try the new varieties.
bXEMgCH.jpg

Also getting some pods off of my F2 Lemon x Tepin. Great tasting pod. I may start the seeds up out of some of the pods too.

clR4bD9.jpg

I need to get caught up on everybody else's blogs now. Sitting here smoking some ribs.

0mviR3e.jpg

I'm going to get some pics updated when I can. I've been busy working on an apartment that I have empty. Had to pull out 2 old patio doors. Replaced one and put a window in the other.

All installed and insulated.

Hung and taped

Did the texture today

Just have to paint and do the trim I had to pull off the wall then clean it up so the lady can move in. I'm going to get my Growdown seeds started tomorrow along with some Annums. I'm a little behind where I'd like to be with my plants, but it's all good. I was too early last year, and I think they were stunted.

Great pic.
 I love to grow different stages of peppers at the same time , from germination to seedlings to small plants, like in your picture.

karoo said:
Great pic.
 I love to grow different stages of peppers at the same time , from germination to seedlings to small plants, like in your picture.
For sure. Too many to do all at once. I just start with the Chinese since they take the longest, then Aji's, Annums & tomatoes.
chocolatescotchbonnet said:
looking good! and the overwinters look great
Thanks. I already trimmed them once. They were going crazy. I need to move them so I can put my other shelf in the grow center.

Well, I'm not exactly as far along as I would have hoped this year. Went to till up the garden plot yesterday and my freaking tiller won't start/run right. Might have to borrow my father in laws to get everything ready. I think I have a carb issue.

I've started to harden off what I have ready along with the over winters.

Over winters. I have a few pods growing on a few of the plants.

I've finally caught the growing fever again. It was slower to come back this season. I was just too busy with work, my kids swimming, and brewing beer. Now that it's nicer outside and it's about time to plant out I'm raring to go.

Now I need to catch up on everyone else's glogs.

Ozzy2001 said:
<SNIP> Went to till up the garden plot yesterday and my freaking tiller won't start/run right. Might have to borrow my father in laws to get everything ready. I think I have a carb issue.
<SNIP>

Not used since last season?

Did you drain the gas or add StaBil to the fuel before storing for the winter?

'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' -Benjamin Franklin

Tiller update:
I changed the spark plug and it ran for about 30 secs with tons of white smokes. I'm pretty sure the rings are shot.

The good news is that I just bought it refurbished 1.5 yrs ago and paid for the extended warranty :). I usually don't buy them either. Glad I did. Sears will send somebody by the house Monday to check it out. In the meantime I'm going to borrow my FIL's to get the garden prepped.

I'm not sure of my hopeful plant out date yet, but I plan to get last years potting soil ammended and ready to go once I decide on what I want in pots, and what's going on the ground.

Trident chilli said:
Looking good Scott .... how's the weather are you starting to heat up
Thanks. Yes we are. Lows have been in the 50's and look to continue in the foreseeable future. I'm still going to take my time though and wait until May comes to be safe. I jumped the gun last year and dealt with some cold weather, that didn't kill anything, but was less than ideal for growing.

Everything looks great, not sure how i've missed this glog for that long. Seedlings are healthy and OW look really good. 

I got lots of dry wall taping you can come do for me. I suck at drywall lol. 

tctenten said:
OW's look real nice. I have not tackled that task yet.
Super easy, and it really helps get some early season pods.
D3monic said:
Everything looks great, not sure how i've missed this glog for that long. Seedlings are healthy and OW look really good. 

I got lots of dry wall taping you can come do for me. I suck at drywall lol. 
I really haven't posted very much. Haven't really had time.
But yeah thanks, everything is going pretty well. Little behind on some of the other seedlings, but they're Annums so they'll catch up.

Back