• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest P2K 5-Crown TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
P2K is the first to receive 5 crowns. He will decide August, but it must have something to do with the #5.

5 ingredients, 5 items on the plate but one cohesive meal, the 5 taste sensations (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami), 5 peppers.... well I'll let paulky continue the brainstorming, there's lots of possibilities!

Why don't you guys help with some suggestions?

Cheers!

P2K's word is final on the theme, but the standard TD rules will apply which I will create.

P2K5CTD!!!

Okay! P2K's 5-way

For those that like to go crazy I say 5 ways to cook the same ingredient as tapas on one plate...

Example: I choose Mahi Mahi...

On the plate:
Blackened MM Slider
Smoked MM Mousse Crustini
MM Ceviche Slaw
Deep Fried MM fingers
MM kebab

5 course spicy meal:
1. soup or appetizer
2. Fish (light white meat could be chicken or pork if wanted a sub)
3. Salad
4. Meat (usually with a starch)
5. Dessert

Use a spicy component in all courses

great ideas so far...how's about...take 5 different peppers and create a Tapas plate of 5 tapas featuring each pepper in its best light...?

Or open it up to a bit more creativity and create 5 appetizers featuring the 5 peppers?

These are all awesome ideas!

5 ingredient meal and the tapas are my fav!!!

The 5 course meal, though, would be more in the spirit of a P2K t-down! :rofl:

$5 challenge.

Entire grocery bill must be $5 or under. That's tough but doable! Well not for P2K :lol:

That's why it's a challenge!

PoL shot = receipt.

You gotta go ALL OUT! 5 dishes with 'crown' in the name like; 'Crown roast of lamb' or make one up like; 'Crown Royal butter garlic pepper prawns????'... etc. All with peppers of course

But 5 Keystones = 1 real beer.

5 "alcohol consumption" is too hard to prove.
5 ingredients is a good idea. It will make everyone get creative, and not try to win by sides overload. It will level the playing field.
edit: 5 Chillie types is a good idea but because its winter in Australia I would personally be hard pressed to find 5 different fresh chillies.

TB speaketh truth. One tequila shot = 300 Busch Light.

Oh damn. Peeps hatin' on the Busch Light. I'm drinking regular Busch tonight.

I like the Tapas idea. A five sauce TD?

P2K will have to choose upon thousands... this might be more drama than him choosing the right pics.

*Meal is made with a blend of 5 spices

*Meal with 5 different types of meat

*5 different countries of origin that all work together in one meal

*Meal with 5 different types of nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back