• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Paper towel germination?

Advantage is knowing exactly that the seed has germinated so you dont have to put more than one seed per cell or pot and you dont waste space/time culling them if more than one per cell/pot sprouts.

Not really the answer your looking for but its worked better for me in the ziplock bag way

huh?

Advantage is knowing exactly that the seed has germinated so you dont have to put more than one seed per cell or pot and you dont waste space/time culling them if more than one per cell/pot sprouts.

ooohh ! soo it doesn't make a better rate or speed it up or anything, it just tells you which ones work?

You will think that it speeds it up because you are only used to seeing when the seeds pops from the soil as opposed to when it actually sprouts from the seed.

it also seems to make it a little easier to judge how much moisture is there so you won't lose as many seeds to fungus (damping off)

I take them out as soon as you see a taproot coming out of the seed. Waiting too long and it will start to grow into the towel. At that point though, you can just cut out the towel around the root and plant them together. The towel will rot away without a problem.

jacob

I take them out as soon as you see a taproot coming out of the seed. Waiting too long and it will start to grow into the towel. At that point though, you can just cut out the towel around the root and plant them together. The towel will rot away without a problem.

jacob

alriight sounds good ! thank youu !

the way i do it is when i see a nice enough stem i add it to a peat pellet and then put that into a chinese container (the white or black ones with the clear plastic lid) untill the leaves come out i know its many steps but i have had very good success rates with this process. (everyone has there own way) then once the leaves pop out of the seed i wash take the seedling out of the pellet and put it in its 1st starter home

the way i do it is when i see a nice enough stem i add it to a peat pellet and then put that into a chinese container (the white or black ones with the clear plastic lid) untill the leaves come out i know its many steps but i have had very good success rates with this process. (everyone has there own way) then once the leaves pop out of the seed i wash take the seedling out of the pellet and put it in its 1st starter home

yeaah I got one of those plastic lid containers. ill try that too !

Back