• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil PAR 38LEDs/HPS/Flourecent? Hydro or soil? I need a crash course :)

I am looking into starting an indoor garden for ghosts, scorpions, bonnets ect and I would like to get it right the first time. I am no beginner to gardening or plumbing/water control but Im a bit new to mixing them.
Ive only ever done a flood table with HPS but this was years ago and with lettuce for my tortoise. I would like to grow these peppers in a bucket drip system as ive heard they get pretty big with age and have monster roots. would 5gallon pails be big enough? Any tricks to PH, salts, bloom boosters ect? or are they pretty straight forward? Do they produce more in soil? Ive been reading mixed reviews on this topic and figured asking you guys would be best...
How have you guys been doing the lights? I would love to get away from the HPS and go LED but im cheap lol Ive been looking into the PAR 38's with 120 degree angle and mixing the cool white with the warm if it will help the spectrum? Maybe add flourecents on top of those would that be enough lighing if i buy a bunch?
Im not looking to fill a room but a good 6'x6' area would keep me busy i think, I may go with a tent to control the enviroment 100%.
If anyone can lead me to a walkthrough I would be forever greatful
Thanks
Mel

T5 ,HPS or MH.
Hydro is easy, all sorts of setups possible and pics and procedures abound all over here and the rest of the web.

I built one out of a 10 gal tub from wallmart, a $10 aquarium pump and a load of cfl's.
Pix in my (and others) glogs.

Most easily found with the search box.

If u got the money to burn go with a mh veg room and a hps room for flowering. If u want sum thing simple regular store bought cfls and make a light. you tube is a wonderful thing and theres not much differnts between soil and hydroponics. Its all personal perfrence. Hydro is a little bit more.... complicated soil is really basic
I personally grow in soil with with lots of compost and rock dust

Back