• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Parents think poop is funny right?

We have two extra kids for a while.  Family member very sick so she trusted us with an eight year old girl and a ten year old boy.  Everything has gone fine till this AM. Seems they found my cookies.  In most households, finding and eating daddy's secret cookies would be nothing but a thing.  Ye, I am a diabetic and my cookies are sweetened with that stuff that is also a laxative if you eat too much.

These kids have never been around firearms, so I didnt just hide whats in the house... I took the apart.  I unplugged the power tooks int he works shop, pulled the keys on the ones that had them.  They are too old for safety locks on the cabinets or I would have installed them along with outlet covers like when my kids were young.  But who the hell would have thought to lock up the cookies?

AJ Drew said:
 But who the hell would have thought to lock up the cookies?

We do now.  My MIL lives with us, she is 91 and has dementia and is diabetic.  Relatives give her lots of sugar-free cookies and candies for Christmas and her birthday.  We have to lock away the cookies and candies and dole them out now. She has no impulse control and two years ago she ate all of what she received as gifts in short order. Christmas night and the day after were not fun.

PS.  Got your order of seeds the other day.  Thank you for the extra seeds.

AJ Drew said:
We have two  But who the hell would have thought to lock up the cookies?

Ummm Yeah.... I do.
In my house there are such things as cookies and brownies and then there are the kid-friendly ones.

When my nieces and nephews were little they'd always be able to find my candy and cookie stash - the normal kind.
Now they're grown up and their kids come over, I don't even take the chance. Everything is on lock-down and I leave it to the parents if they want their kids to have goodies they can bring their own.

Wait, kids like cookies? :rofl: What's wrong with you maaaaaan???! :lol:

Alpaca Punch said:

We do now.  My MIL lives with us, she is 91 and has dementia and is diabetic.  Relatives give her lots of sugar-free cookies and candies for Christmas and her birthday.  We have to lock away the cookies and candies and dole them out now. She has no impulse control and two years ago she ate all of what she received as gifts in short order. Christmas night and the day after were not fun.

PS.  Got your order of seeds the other day.  Thank you for the extra seeds.

You are an amazing person.  Not sure if you are male or female.  If female, then even more amazing.  I lived threw it.  My mother spent her last few years with us.  As her dementia grew, she was really not nice to my wife.  For the most part, my wife took it without fighting back but there were times.  Being able to realize it is not your mother in law's fault is an amazing talent.  But please let me warn you about something.

When my mother came to live with us I was more or less healthy.   Breakfast was often omelets made from eggs I had collected that morning, goat cheese we pressed ourselves, onions and peppers from the garden.  That changed with my health and she could not understand it.  Thought I was starting to hate her.  Best example, I was in two casts on my legs and she was irate that I could not drive her to go shopping.  The mind just did not process that i was not able to.

There will be a point where you can not care for her and it is not your fault.  Please remember that last part.  I didnt and she passed thinking I hated her.

Poop? It's all fun and games til someone gets e coli  :lol:

20735928.jpg

Back