• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Passow's Grow Log 5/12/2009 - Remote Garden

This is my chili-head acolyte, Eric Chem, garden that I'm managing/teaching. This is where the majority of the peppers went this year.

Here's the main pepper patch (newly expanded this year).
chembackpeppers.jpg

Onion patch (recently added):
chemonion1.jpg

Tuber patch (recently added):
chemfront1.jpg

Main garden awaiting seeds to hatch (recently expanded):
chemmaingarden.jpg

More pics to be added in a minute or two.

Here's some peppers in front of one of the hop plants (recently created):
chemsidehopback1.jpg

Hop plant:
chemsidehopfront1.jpg

And a random pepper plant all by it's lonesome:
chemshadepepper.jpg

Nice dirt, really. What are all the sticks for, keep birds out? I see two dogs that will find out hot peppers burn a little. Are you splitting the pods down the middle or are you letting him keep most.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Nice dirt, really. What are all the sticks for, keep birds out? I see two dogs that will find out hot peppers burn a little. Are you splitting the pods down the middle or are you letting him keep most.

Well, after 14 bags of composted manure, 8 bags of sand, and a rototiller the dirt better look good :lol:

The dogs are my moms and are good little guys ;)

The sticks are just markers showing where seeds have been planted. Instead of expensive tags, we just use cheap bamboo skewers.

As for the pods, he's going to keep most of them but I am going to make a grab for more pods this year. i did most of the work after all (grew all the plants, did most of the hard labor).

Yes,I've started a satelite pepper patch this year.Its about an hour away though,I'm hoping he remembers to water!

Back