food Pastrami Shroom CheeseBurger w/ CR Hab

QuadShotz

Banned
Here's today's lunch. :-D

1/4lb. beef-patty, turkey pastrami, shitakke shrooms, white onion, thinly sliced Red Hab/S.Bonnet, cheddar & velveeta cheese

I used leftover bread ends as buns, works really well. One is whole wheat, the other is 9-grain.

Sauce on the bread is Jack Daniels BBQ/sweet relish/hot chile paste/yellow mustard/granulated garlic.

S6305099.jpg

Put the American cheese on the bread and toasted in my trusty toaster oven on about 200F.

Meanwhile, I fried up the patty with some pepper and bacon salt, added the pastrami and veggies once flipped and had grease. Topped the burger with cheddar.

Friggin' Beauty!
S6305101.jpg

Assembled the burger, cutting patty in half and laying out diangonally to fit the bread, then added everything else.

Served with tator tots and organic catsup.

S6305106.jpg

Yummy NOM NOM's!!
S6305107.jpg

-QS

Thank man, it's purdy dang yummers. :)

BTW, the pepper used on the Burger is Neil's PepperPepper infused w/ Naga.

I've had some for a bit but wasn't supposed to mention it until the intro from him...which he just did. Yay!

Thx PF, it was a nice burger.

Funny thing, ppl make fun of Velveeta...yet that's exactly what is on most cheeseburgers in the form of "cheese slices".

My cheez is just bigger. :twisted:

The added cheddar helps to give a better cheese flavor while the Velveeta provides the required meltyness. EXTRA CHEEZY WIN!

mcburger-not.png

Yuppers. It only looks orange in that one pic, it's quite red though.

I just got some in today thx to Cappy.

w00t!

Glad you like the pods Quad, hard to tell after pickin' but there were Carribean Red, Red Savina, Red Dominican, and Faria so no telling what your red pepper really is. Pastrami Shroom CheeseBurger w/ red chinense looks very tasty, nice grub.

PRF, I think you're signature is backwards, no? Hot enough for 7 pots of chili, is how it was named.

No my signature is right, I received seed as Seven Pod and plan to keep it that way. The 7 Pots of chili is for people who have never grown this chile before. The naga infused peppercorn sounds like the bomb and a terrific idea Hippy. I just got the munchies for some odd 7 reason.:lol:

Novacastrian said:
Looks great quaddy, did the pepper pepper compliment the flavours well?

It wasn't that noticeable with all of the other hot stuff going on, but I liked it anyway. Pepper & Smoked Bacon Salt really kills on cooking up a burger. :)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Glad you like the pods Quad, hard to tell after pickin' but there were Carribean Red, Red Savina, Red Dominican, and Faria so no telling what your red pepper really is. Pastrami Shroom CheeseBurger w/ red chinense looks very tasty, nice grub.

Thx!

Are those big gnarly ones Orange Bhuts? Looks like...

It also looks like there's choc habs AND brown 7's? Or is that a mustard hab?

Gahhh..I can't tell. Too many kinds of chiles for my brain.

I just don't want to bite into a 7 thinking it's just a hab...lol

Here's the pic:

S6305145.jpg

Damn night-time lighting here blows. The pics are overly yellow/orange tinted...

I'm pretty sure starting top left is Faria, the Bhut Jolokia, and Chocolate Habanero. Next row Fatalii, Naga Morich, then both a Trinidad Congo and Mustard Hab. The bottom pepper very well might be a Orange habanero. A lot of my peppers stayed orange late in the year instead of turning all the way red. Enjoy the pods and the sauce Quad.:cool:

BTW Cappy, the El Fuego Sphincter Sauce is very nice mixed with mayo and sweet relish on a hoagie. (smoked turkey, cheddar & pastrami on Baguette) ;)

Back