• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest paulky_2000 vs. Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE DEADLIEST CATCH

paulky_2000 (Reigning Champ) vs. Coach (Challenger)

Throwdown: Seafood

Rules:
You must create a seafood dish. The focus is on the main dish, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .50 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 11:59 pm EDT

Looks like Coach is going for 2 crowns in one weekend! That would be quite the accomplishment! Good luck you guys! :beer:

Pauly, I need some help here. Please keep Coach totally confused, bemused, baffled and intrigued with your seafood challenge with lots of smack talk, prep pics and such , so he won't pay any attention to the Cajun challenge.

(Not Gonna Happen???? Aw well, It was worth a shot!)

:lol:

Best wishes to both. Pauly and Coach are burning the overtime on this weekedn, fo'sho!

That smacking sound you hear Dave, is the hungry herd circling the boundaries of my kitchen, they've been there all day ...just waiting for me to turn my back for just a moment so they can pounce on a plate.

I've had to smack them more than once, and the beer just hasn't fazed them... gonna break out the big guns soon.
Breaking out the blender...

No teasers posted yet due to time constrictions, but will be appearing in a while... started at 9am CST with both challenges at once, quarter to 6pm now. :dance:

Here's my humble entry for the battle for seafood supremacy.

Paul's T-Down Down South Lobster & Shrimp Roll

I love love LOVE lobster rolls. But this one's brings the heat with multiple varieties of peppers and Cajun spice!

Teaser:

100_4257.jpg

Usually I'd post this ahaed of time, but my time is severely limited these days.

Some preppin' piccys:

100_4204.jpg

100_4205.jpg

100_4207.jpg

100_4209.jpg

......aaaaaaaand.......straight to the final plating. (cause I just can't wait for you to see it!

100_4224.jpg

100_4227.jpg

100_4233.jpg

100_4238.jpg

:cool:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh paulky got crabssss!

Paul's T-Down Down South Lobster & Shrimp Roll

Ingredients:

Lobster
Shrimp
Celery
Red Onion
Garlic
Mayo
Chipotle Peppers
Orange Habanero
T-Scorp Powder
Biohazard
Chef Paul's Seafood Magic
Whole Wheat Bolillios

Shelled the lobsters and gave the meat a rough chop. Sauteed the shrimps in some butter and t-scorp powder. Diced the celery, habanero, and onion. Mixed up the mayo, chipotles, and garlic with some Cajun Magic and Biohazard. Tossed it all together and slid that incredible mixture into a soft wheat bun.....and proceded to singe my entire gasto-intestinal tract. ;)

Submitted for your approval:

100_4228.jpg

100_4237.jpg

Ta-Da.

Oh my bad not a crab, skeleton hands!!!! Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back