• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest paulky_2000 vs. SanDiegoPepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE KUNG FOO

paulky_2000 (Reigning Champ) vs. SanDiegoPepper (Challenger)

Throwdown: Asian-inspired dish

Rules:
You must create an Asian-inspired dish. The focus is on the main dish, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .50 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 11:59 pm EDT

I stayed up most of the night finishing *both* my entries.....I am finished EARLY!! :woohoo:

I'll have pics late this evening....but there is one small problem.

I misread the POL again. Last night...I SWEAR it said .05 soooooooo that's what I put in the photos. Not just THIS one...BOTH t-down entries! :doh:

Either I'm a complete idiot, or I'm cooking while I'm way too tired. At any rate, a nickel is what I used and it's all over but the cryin' cause all that's left are cold leftovers. ;)

I hope ya let me slide on this, Dan...I worked really hard.

yea, pauly, I did the .05 also, and Dan said in one of the other td's that the confusion is noted and allowed. I'm cooking today, so will do the .50.

Congrats on finishing Pauly! I'm excited for this throwdown and am going shopping for some cool ingredients. Secret ingredient: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan_pepper

:)

Photobucket is REALLY dragging tonight.....

I may finish the seafood pics tonight and do the Asian ones tomorrow.

However, I will put up a teaser. (if it'll hurry up!)

:cool:

While you are putting your teaser, I will drink some baijiu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baijiu

Hot peppers are spicy but so is 100+ proof alcohol..Ahhh

Special thanks to the admin for teaching me how to add photos.
5870805709_08468e5106.jpg

I will either post up the photos today or tomorrow. Cheers!!

I didn't use many ingredients for my dish. I wanted to create a dish that everyone here can make. I can't wait to check out Pauly's creation but mine is the Yang to his Ying. These were the ingredients
5871217145_5598ecd534_b.jpg

My poor dog is thinking, "I wish Paulky was my owner. I'll rather be eating lobster, shrimp, and other seafood than some spicy tofu"

However, Tofu is widely used in Asia and can come in many forms. I've seen it in cold dishes, desserts, spicy dishes, fried, steamed, and when I was at Costco, I even saw people sampling Tofu Burgers. Tofu Burgers are definitely not Asian :eek: Hope you guys enjoy this creation.
5871225753_1141dfa226_b.jpg

Holy Crap P2K! Looks like another 100 dollar meal is on the way.

SDP better make some kickass tofu.... because right now I'm thinking ass-kick.

Spicy Ying Yang Tofu

Ingredients:

Packet of Tofu
Canola Olive Oil
Salt
Soy Sauce
Chili paste with garlic
Szechuan peppercorns
Tomato
Cilantro
Scallions
Onions
Ginger
Jalapenos
Corn Starch

Cut the tofu into slices. Put oil in the wok and put tofu in wok.
Brown both sides (about 3 minutes per side)
Take tofu out and plate
In wok, add salt, soy sauce, chili paste, tomato, onion, ginger, and peppers. You can add hotter peppers to taste.
After cooking for about 5 minutes, add corn starch and water to thicken sauce. Pour hot onto tofu and serve with rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back