• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pay it forward style

I have discovered a passion for growing, sharing, and teaching others what I know. I don't have much space, but i'm working quickly to remedy that, Once I find a job I want to get a small portable building to grow peppers in over the winter. I would love nothing more than to share my knowledge and the results of kindness with people locally.  Would anyone be willing to donate seeds in a pay it forward style arrangement? 

Here's what I'm talking about.

In exchange for seeds or other swag, I will plant, grow, refer, document, teach, anything I can do to pay the kindness i've recieved forward to the next person. I already discovered an acquaintance in school who loves peppers, he grows only Jalapenos at the moment but in spring he is curious to grow some of the lemon drops I gave him. I got such satisfaction over sharing with this person that I want to do it more. I'm not in it for profit, but for the pure love of growing and giving back. 

So, would anyone be interested? I don't have much to give but I have a few OSU Blue tomato seeds left, I'd send a couple or more depending on the response I get.

Lifetime goal is to have a nice piece of property, a self sufficient garden/greenhouse/farm and live like no one else. :) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Charles

As suggested, I will do my best to start a grow log on this site documenting date seeds go in the ground, day seeds sprout, date of first flower, date of first pod, size of flower, size of pod, size of leaf, etc etc. after you get decent harvest you hold an sasbe offer for said varieties.

I may have to farm some of this out to a couple friends as the response i'm receiving is amazing. Thank you all for the interest and help. 

I'd love to have 5 or so OSU blue tomato seeds nbeing that I am from  Ohio.  What varieties have you had your eye on the most?

I want weird ones. When i get some money i'm going to buy those Cgalapagoense seeds. Since everyone has been so nice to me I'll send you the seeds anyway, Paying it forward. PM me :) 

Shockade said:
I want weird ones. When i get some money i'm going to buy those C[/size]. [/size]galapagoense [/size]seeds. Since everyone has been so nice to me I'll send you the seeds anyway, Paying it forward. PM me :)
Remember if you have never grown peppers before wild capsicum can be troublesome took nearly 5months and 30seeds for me to get one galapagoense plant

Get some plant Auxins like giberillum and liquid root tone, the giberillum will jump start the seeds and the root tone will help give them a strong root mass, you will need to watch the treated seedlings as they can grow to fast and become very leggy and fall over. sorry about my spelling but you can look them up.

Sorry to bump an old, dead topic.

I wanted to apologize to everyone who sent me seeds so long ago. Life has a crazy way of getting in the way and such, I was going through some of my archives and found a single picture from that year that might at least give some closure to this thread.

The season in 2014 sucked, I had too much going on, and this was about all I managed that year. I haven't grown any peppers since. I'm going to give it a go this year (6 years later), we'll see what happens.

MtifSXn.png

I don't remember what the yellow ones were, but they were my favorite that year. When they grew, they looked like tepin (small, round shape) and they were quite hot to me at the time.

Back