• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Peach Bhut Pod Test

Pepperhead1989 said:
Keep them coming. Great job on the explanations and showing of the foliage on the plants!
Thanks! 
Pepperhead1989 said:
At 3:15 in I saw the look in your eyes change to wtf do I do this for haha
Yeah, that is pretty accurate, lol.

great job Peter ! , I grew Judys peach s.s. , and your right they were  :hot: but tasty  , really good pepper ! 
a little harvest during last years campaign ,
IMG_0860-3.JPG

moruga welder said:
great job Peter ! , I grew Judys peach s.s. , and your right they were  :hot: but tasty  , really good pepper ! 
a little harvest during last years campaign ,
attachicon.gif
IMG_0860-3.JPG
Wow! Very nice haul!
mpicante said:
Great review once again Peter.I enjoy the bhut flavors.
Thanks mpicante! I like the bhut flavors I've tried too, only have had peach and red so far. I am growing a red Bhut Assam this year, I think they are supposed to be a little hotter, not sure about flavor. Hope to find out though.
Hucklebuck said:
Nice review: showing the plant, slicing open the pepper and commentary.  Sounds like a pepper I would like to grow.
Thanks! I'm glad you like the format.

Red Bhuts are normal Bhuts. Assam Bhuts are just Bhuts grown in the neighbouring area to their Nagaland home.

Presumably, being grown in the proper environment by those who theoretically know the pepper best, Bhuts from Assam will be marginally hotter. Whether you, growing the same plants in the west, will notice a difference is another matter. They are bred in isolation from our Ghost Pepper s so there may well be small genetic differences but who knows how obvious they'll be?

spicefreak said:
Red Bhuts are normal Bhuts. Assam Bhuts are just Bhuts grown in the neighbouring area to their Nagaland home.

Presumably, being grown in the proper environment by those who theoretically know the pepper best, Bhuts from Assam will be marginally hotter. Whether you, growing the same plants in the west, will notice a difference is another matter. They are bred in isolation from our Ghost Pepper s so there may well be small genetic differences but who knows how obvious they'll be?
Thanks for the info! I'll report how mine does.

Back