• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

peach tree

when are peaches ripe and ready to pick??? i was told when they get soft is this what i am looking for ??? they are still firm so far

HERE IS WHAT I PULLED DOWN TODAY..

IMG00621-20100806-1835.jpg

Hi I'm a bit late posting this, but you should pick your peaches will still a bit firm if you wait till there solf you will end up having to eat them all or else they will start to rot. I try to pick mine is various stages from firm, firm with some softness and soft these I will eat right away, I try and pick as many as I can as the longer you leave them on the tree the more chances a varment might eat them or as I have found sometimes they will move from peach to peach eating only about half of each one, I lost 12 peaches all just half eaten never found out quite what it was, but I have a good idea. Any peaches that get over ripe can be cooked down into a jam or if you are a wine maker Peach wine is very tasty. I like firm peaches for pies.
George W.

Back