• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peach Wasp (PL) Pod Review

Havent seen a review on this yet. If there is one already I apologies.

Seeds are from Pepperlover. Besides the Mystery Wine pepper this has been one of my most anticipated pods to try on my list. And boy did it deliver in every way you can.

For starters I have no idea what this is or was a cross of. But I like it that way. The flavor of this pepper for me is absolutely hands down amazing. But more on that in a bit. 

Growth habits were excellent. Was the first of all my seeds to pop. Not only that growth was strong and vigorous. Mature plants are no higher than your knee. And as far as productivity...... well what does this tell you.

This is a plant that I gave to my local hydro store. They did an excellent job. 

And here are a few from my plant (mine seem to be a bit more evil and wicked looking)

Taste? For me amazing. Thick walled, perfect heat, and unique flavor. Im not the greatest at describing heat but its a slow burn and I would put it somewhere in that just shy of being a superhot scale. The flavor has several different things going on. I cant really describe it other than to say its more than pleasant.

Vigorous growth, short plant, extremely productive, respectable heat, and amazing flavor. What more could you want.

Hats off to Pepperlover for creating this one :)

What beautiful looking pods! They almost seem to look like a Peach Bhut with some Cayenne genetics - the 'curling/ear shape' characteristic along with the 'scrunching' at the top but with the added gnarliness of a hot/superhot!  Congrats - glad you like them.

Judy's sold out it seems..also seems to be a PL exclusive (any other vendors anyone know of?) Any extra seeds? - 1 or 2 would be fine..lol. Ironically, having yet to try a peach variety- all my seeds popped this season except the Peach Bhuts (and the orange Primo's). Nevertheless, I've been gorging on *real* peaches - SC & GA grown - best in the US!  :drooling:

This one looks awesome. I went with her Peach Congos on a whim instead, so hopefully we'll all have bad mofos here in a few weeks! Peach tastes better than orange and yellow to me for some reason.

Alchymystic said:
What beautiful looking pods! They almost seem to look like a Peach Bhut with some Cayenne genetics - the 'curling/ear shape' characteristic along with the 'scrunching' at the top but with the added gnarliness of a hot/superhot!  Congrats - glad you like them.

Judy's sold out it seems..also seems to be a PL exclusive (any other vendors anyone know of?) Any extra seeds? - 1 or 2 would be fine..lol. Ironically, having yet to try a peach variety- all my seeds popped this season except the Peach Bhuts (and the orange Primo's). Nevertheless, I've been gorging on *real* peaches - SC & GA grown - best in the US!  :drooling:
PM me your address, I got you covered.

Yellowfin2na said:
I wouldn't consider it a super. But one pod is more than enough to spice up a meal.
I think there should be a sub category for pods that  are almost super hot  called Semi Super Hot .
Those are some great looking pods I am growing Judys Peach Bhut Jolokia Selected Strain

Those pods are crazy, great job! So glad you reviewed this, have been looking at them on Judy's site for a while. Shame they are sold out, sure would like a few seeds

Nice! Have been waiting on this review since I saw those bad boys on your grow log. So glad to hear they taste good and are hot without being too hot.

Genetikx said:
Those pods are crazy, great job! So glad you reviewed this, have been looking at them on Judy's site for a while. Shame they are sold out, sure would like a few seeds

suchen said:
Nice! Have been waiting on this review since I saw those bad boys on your grow log. So glad to hear they taste good and are hot without being too hot.
I need both of yall to pm me your addresses

Back