• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Blossoms

I am curious if a pepper plant will produce blossoms at the same location of the plant more than once? Eg. Say a joint in the branch of a plant has blossoms and they produce fruit or drop off. Will that same joint produce more blossoms in the future? Or will only new growth produce blossoms?

This is a very good question and I'll take the first stab at it. I have never noticed the same fork producing peppers more than once. I have always assumed you need new growth for new peppers to form. This is also a big reason why if you plan to overwinter you need to cut your plant low to the ground. My take...

Yup, ya need new nodes for new pods.

As far as stumping the plant goes; my take is the larger the overwintered skeleton the larger the foundation for new growth. It just depends on how much room you have available for the wintered plants. Either way, it's a head start over seedlings and there's no doubt about what plant you're growing. ;)

Silver_Surfer said:
As far as stumping the plant goes; my take is the larger the overwintered skeleton the larger the foundation for new growth. It just depends on how much room you have available for the wintered plants.

+1. If you have a really short season like me you want to try to save as much of the plant as possible. But it's not only how much you save, it is what you save. You want as many growth points as possible.

Back