Pepper Burn Anodyne

salsalady

Business Member
This is the solution for burning arms, hunan hand, or any other bits that may have inadvertently come in contact with capsaicin oils from chile peppers. 

The Pepper Burn Anodyne was invented by Marlin Bensinger after a worker opened up a bubbling cauldron of hot sauce and got blasted in the face with capsaicin laced steam.  I met Marlin and purchased some Anodyne at the Spicy Foods Show in New Mexico in 2012.  Marlin passed away a couple years ago.  I was able to track down a very limited amount of inventory from the original lab and have 10 bottles for sale.  If the response is good, I may be able to get a few more bottles.  If the response is REALLY good, they may consider doing one more small batch.

Here's a testimony of how it works-
http://www.burn-blog.com/6609/burn-tested-pepper-burn-anodyne/

an·o·dyne

/ˈanəˌdīn/

noun: anodyne; plural noun: anodynes

1. 1.

a painkilling drug or medicine.

synonyms:

painkiller, painkilling drug, analgesic, pain reliever, palliative

IMG_7319.JPG

These are 4 oz bottles, a little goes a long way. 
Directions- rub a sufficient amount of anodyne on dry skin to work up a lather, do not add water.  Rub for 1-2 minutes, rinse with cold water.  Repeat if necessary.

I found that about 1 tablespoon was enough to wash both hands and forearms.  I also added a couple drops of water helped to work up a lather.  

When we first found this at the hot sauce show, Evan (age 13) was helping me at our Pure Evil booth.  He put a couple drops on his forearm, wiped it around with a napkin.  Yep...There's the burn!  He used the Pepper Burn Anodyne as directed and it immediately took away the burn.

I'm not making any money on these, just covering purchase price and shipping.  Anyone dealing with peppers on a regular basis should have some of this on hand. 

4 oz Pepper Burn Anodyne
$12 shipping included

Payment options available.  I can send a pay request through PayPal to your email or phone number which can be paid by credit card or from your bank account, no PayPal account required.  If you have a PP account, the pay request can be paid from there.  Call me with a credit card or mail a check.  Several options and I'm willing to work with whatever option works for you.  

Send me a PM, let me know what payment method you prefer and if using paypal, please include what email or phone number to send the pay request to.  If using PayPal, please make sure your mailing address is current or put the info in Comments.

Thanks!

I forgot to add-

If anyone is interested in taking on this product, the product owner would be open to selling the formula/rights/IdunnoWhatElse to an interested party that would take it and run with it.  After creating the product, they just did not hit it hard and work on marketing, so the product kind of fell by the wayside.  I have no idea of prices or anything.  If you are interested, PM and I'll send contact info for the person to talk to. 

I really hope someone will take this and run with it.  It is an awesome product, and folks will literally be in a world of hurt without it. 

Back