• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PEPPER GROWING

Which is the best way to grow peppers in the ground or in containers & what is the best combo fertilizers to use.Just trying to see the best way to go,i have my few plants in the ground but i don't think they are doing as good as they should.We are getting record breaking tempertures in houston area of 100 degrees plus every day.i will change up next year if i have to after i buy some authentic seeds this time.....:mouthonfire:

I find that in the ground is better assuming you have decent soil. There is just more room for the plants to work with, the soil doesn't dry out as fast, and it's less expensive. Others like the ability to fine tune and control their plants in pots, but I'm a pretty lazy gardener, and I prefer plants that I don't have to baby and can take care of themselves for the most part. When I can, I chuck 'em in the ground for sure...

i currently grow in the containers as i live in an apt, if i had the opportunity i woulf definatly grow some in ground and containers to try and compare the results!

Eric

Containers for me. I had tornadoes and really strong winds in March when I planted them outdoors. I was able to bring them in the garage before anything was damaged. My uncle who lives close by lost 2 of the 6 I gave him. 5 gallon pots/buckets work great.

Pepper growing and growing in general is a beautiful thing. there is a delicate science behind it, but it's also part of the magic that is nature.

Chiles prefer as much room for rooting as possible. they also like good, aerated, fluffy medium with good drainage. they don't like too much fertilizer as well, but will grow rapidly if fed right. take good care of ya plants and they'll, in turn, take care of you.

If you're going to use synthetic fertilizers, you should grow in containers. If using organics, plant in ground or in containers. You can and should be more aggressive with organic fertilizing in ground.

Back