• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pepper information?

i have websites bookmarked for tomatoes and garlic (for other vegetables i use online seed catalogs), when i want info on a variety i am unfamiliar with i can check it out. i googled the names of peppers hoping to find such a site but i haven't been successful. while this chiliman is a good site it hasn't provided me with what i want. for example i just got some seeds for datil peppers and a few others that i don't know anything about and i want to know their days to maturity (dtm), shu and anything else as an extra but the database doesn't tell me dtm or shu. seed catalog sites don't mention dtm and seldom shu.

i'd like several links so i could pick the best 1 or 2, any ones you use for research? being new to hot peppers i have nothing but questions and i don't want to be a pest posting 5 questions a day, i don't mind doing the research! so far wikipedia has been more of a help than anything but it's not exactly what i want.

thanks.

if you ask questions no one will be upset about it thats why we have fprums for is to shre info. and by being here long enought u will learn more than any other data website

I use seed venders sites to get in the ballpark.
Though I read that Reamers sucks (bad seeds and non existant customer service etc.) they have a lot of the seed info on their site that you are looking for.

http://www.reimerseeds.com/peppers-hot_623.aspx

150-180 dtm for datil? i don't have that many gardening days in my entire season for peppers which is memorial day to late september! so far these sites are not cutting it.
... just start your seeds indoors early then by the time the "growing season" starts you will have a head start.. the 150-180 days is from putting the seed in the dirt until ripe fruit...

... just start your seeds indoors early then by the time the "growing season" starts you will have a head start.. the 150-180 days is from putting the seed in the dirt until ripe fruit...

thanks. yes i'd start them in late february or early march putting them out on memorial day weekend, sometimes i delay that a week due to cold and rain. i thought it was 150-180 after setting out the plants!

Back