• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper leaves looking sad

Beautiful plants, just a bit of sunburn perhaps.
Don't be fooled into thinking that all pepper plants look like some of the "LED hydroponic humidity controlled grow room"  plants that you see in the Glogs.
Those are just examples of what can be done and what is possible.

karoo said:
Beautiful plants, just a bit of sunburn perhaps.
Don't be fooled into thinking that all pepper plants look like some of the "LED hydroponic humidity controlled grow room"  plants that you see in the Glogs.
Those are just examples of what can be done and what is possible.
But the tips looks wrinkled and curled up. The tips also look much darker and feels very soft and mushy than the rest of the leaves.

resili626 said:
But the tips looks wrinkled and curled up. The tips also look much darker and feels very soft and mushy than the rest of the leaves.
You are describing 20% of my small plants .
I am not saying , it is nothing ,
but it does happen.

Ah, I see. I couldn't find much information regarding it online. I'm a very curious fellow and I would love to know why it is happening so that I can prevent it. By the way, I transferred the worst looking plant into a new potting medium - vermiculite/perlite instead of the peat moss/perlite that you see.

Still very young plants. It does look like sunburn, like the leaves were still wet when you put them out in the sun.
That and overwatering are the top killers of peppers. If they are chinense they will take a bit longer to grow compared to anuums or baccatuums.

Back