• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper naming scheme

There is a site somewhere that you can put the Plant Identification number in and it will give you all the details of that plant and it's alternative name (if there is one). Like Hot pepper Tree PI 267729. I've desperately tried to find it but I can't, sorry.

They don't just give out seeds to anyone. I'm guessing there has to be some scientific criteria or some valid reason or else every Joe would be ordering free seeds. Apparently it was easier in the past to get seeds, before the internet.

Yeah, on their forms they say something about for educational purposes only. do you know if they cross reffernce information put in? For example, if I put in a bs company name with a bs reason for request that looked legit, would they send them out with out a problem, or would they try to verify before the seeds were sent out?

:lol:

star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Try this link:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/tax_search.pl

Type Capsicum as a search word. They have much, much more than "basic" varieties, but as Potawie said, good luck getting any seeds. It would be kind of like going to the White House and asking the Secret Service if they could leave their post at the President's side to come over for a beer. They are ruthless about not giving seeds and I believe investigate VERY thoroughly now.

Chris

Well.... turns out my Jedi Mind Trick still works.... got a package today :lol: I remember ording about 4 or 5 different types of peppers but in the package all I got was 100 seeds of a single variety of corn that originated in tobasco, MX???? :banghead: :doh: Oh well, I guess it could be fun growing corn. Looks like I have to write some sort of essay about the plants at the end of the season :think: This is going to be too much fun

Back