• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

PPATB shout out to my Yankee brother hailing from the chilly climes of MN!  I was blessed to receive two jars of his highly coveted Chokecherry Rocoto Rojo jelly, a jar of Rocoto Rojo jelly AND in most excellent condition - a prized political ribbon/button from Tammany Hall that will find a proud spot in my collection! I am at a loss to find words that properly convey my gratitude.

Cheers and thank you Stettoman!  :cheers:
eric1.jpg

tammany.jpg

WarrantMan said:
PPATB shout out to my Yankee brother hailing from the chilly climes of MN!  I was blessed to receive two jars of his highly coveted Chokecherry Rocoto Rojo jelly, a jar of Rocoto Rojo jelly AND in most excellent condition - a prized political ribbon/button from Tammany Hall that will find a proud spot in my collection! I am at a loss to find words that properly convey my gratitude.

Cheers and thank you Stettoman!  :cheers:
attachicon.gif
eric1.jpg

attachicon.gif
tammany.jpg

I'm so happy it had the desired effect, Reggie!!

Actually, I'm embarrassed; It was supposed to be sent for Christmas.....

I've fallen behind a bit the last couple weeks as things have been hectic, but I want to follow up on a very cool experience. 

As others before me, I was recently served by The Warrant Man.  It's great to see someone who takes such pride in what they do and the results speak for themselves in the "Warrant Man" theme and the quality of the sauces.  I'm not one with a particularly well-developed palette, but I really enjoy the Suicide, Aggravated Assault, and Homicide I've tied so far.  I haven't yet delved into the "Arson" reaper salt, but if the others are any indication it will be superb!   

I found all three sauces to have a forward and distinct flavor, but one that quickly melded with the other flavors rather than remaining in an overpowering fashion or lingering as aftertaste. I found the Suicide to have a bright black-peppery taste; the Homicide to be vinegar-forward, but very well-blended with the other ingredients; and the garlic in the Aggravated Assault makes a noticeable appearance.  Without trying to get too technical and ending up in over my head, I liked each and each is distinct enough from the others to warrant it's place in the lineup. ;)

OK, on to the pictures, because as good as the sauces are, such a big part of this is the experience.

Was excited to see this at my door.
20200226 WM0.jpg

A peak at what's inside.
20200226 WM1.jpg

Things in their individual boxes.
20200226 WM2.jpg

The goodies! 
20200226 WM3.jpg

And cool gear!  :)  I almost didn't post the shirt picture because after multiple tries I couldn't get it to look right - the bad lighting left things looking washed-out and out of focus, but they look great in person.  The insert picture is more representative, but I still wish I could have taken a better photo.
20200226 WM4.jpg

Reggie, thanks so much for the care and effort you put into this.  It's truly appreciated!
CD

Thanks Stettoman, not "late" at all, very "early" in fact!  :cheers:   That jelly will not last long..... I will share a little and "Bogart" the rest  ;)  Pure Gold.... 

CaneDog,

Thanks for the kind words, I am honored. Hope you find a use for it all.  :cheers:

I have been very "lucky" in my world and feel blessed to be a part of this club filled with so many wonderful people!  PPATB!

Reggie

Oh, my.....
.....look at all of the generosity!!!

GIP sent us this fantastic box with a fantastic homemade jelly of his. His lovely wife baked us blueberry + GIP's Aji Confetti flakes. An I got replenished on my Gettin'-down-there powders...! His Sweet heat tastes just like the bbq you'd find on bbq potato chips.

Together with the over-the-top generosity of Stettoman, My gf Tonie & I had a fabulous light(er) breakfast of toast, one piece with pb and one piece without peanut butter.

allO6or.jpg

The front jelly is GIP's and so are these...
klHNwfl.jpg

From Stettoman: Check out the amount of the plain ChokeCherry...!
yMgkNlJ.jpg

We then get this from WarrantMan!!!
The only badge that I like to see...
XsQoQGr.jpg

Somebody generously donated a brand new long sleeved College of Charleston shirt. Very nice!!!
TTBbS2w.jpg

Here's the booty!!!!!
dfGUIIS.jpg

Here's that awesome shirt...(I guess it's in the collage )
2fCSzkg.jpg

Woohoo!!!

Thank you all VERY much Andrew, Eric, and Reggie!!!!

Scholars.....all of 'em...

PPATB!!!

Bhuter said:
Oh, my.....
.....look at all of the generosity!!!

GIP sent us this fantastic box with a fantastic homemade jelly of his. His lovely wife baked us blueberry + GIP's Aji Confetti flakes. An I got replenished on my Gettin'-down-there powders...! His Sweet heat tastes just like the bbq you'd find on bbq potato chips.

Together with the over-the-top generosity of Stettoman, My gf Tonie & I had a fabulous light(er) breakfast of toast, one piece with pb and one piece without peanut butter.

allO6or.jpg

The front jelly is GIP's and so are these...
klHNwfl.jpg

From Stettoman: Check out the amount of the plain ChokeCherry...!
yMgkNlJ.jpg

We then get this from WarrantMan!!!
The only badge that I like to see...
XsQoQGr.jpg

Somebody generously donated a brand new long sleeved College of Charleston shirt. Very nice!!!
TTBbS2w.jpg

Here's the booty!!!!!
dfGUIIS.jpg

Here's that awesome shirt...(I guess it's in the collage )
2fCSzkg.jpg

Woohoo!!!

Thank you all VERY much Andrew, Eric, and Reggie!!!!

Scholars.....all of 'em...

PPATB!!!

I'm glad you and the GF enjoyed them, Bhuter.
my apologies that there were only 5 instead of 6 of the muffins 
(i swear it wasn't because i couldn't help myself and ate to many :lol: )
Wife insisted that she couldn't get another one in there without squishing them
and she/we wanted to keep them not only from getting squished, but FRESH still after the 3 day travel through the mail. 

I'm glad your both enjoying the pow and rubs too  :D

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I'm glad you and the GF enjoyed them, Bhuter.
my apologies that there were only 5 instead of 6 of the muffins 
(i swear it wasn't because i couldn't help myself and ate to many :lol: )
Wife insisted that she couldn't get another one in there without squishing them
and she/we wanted to keep them not only from getting squished, but FRESH still after the 3 day travel through the mail. 

I'm glad your both enjoying the pow and rubs too  :D
And fresh they were!!! If those vanishing-act muffins were still around, I'm sure they'd be fresher than we think....but they don't seem to hang around. :gone:

Do you want your nice container and jars back afterwards?

¡Muchas gracias!

PollenNut said:
Those are some beautiful flowers indeed. Being new to this group, I don't know if you hybridize or not, but I would toss some of that pollen on some of your C. baccatum and keep my fingers crossed... mainly because I think the flowers are just as impressive as the fruit on some of these plants and that kind of thing excites me. Rich is one cool cat and I'm happy to have been able to interact with him just a bit.

For those of you that don't know me, I love flowers as much as the fruit and the foliage as well.... so many of my crosses have variegated genes, purple flower, pink flower, green throat, etc. type genetics. It is a lottery as to what you will get with these seeds, but I can tell you Pepper Guru has already hit a few winning lottery tickets with some seedlings showing variegation already from his own line of F1 plants I sent him last season.

It is an honor to be a part of a group sharing seeds, plants, etc. Thanks for the warm mention Bookers.
I am sorry and I regretfully have to inform you that ive had zero success germinating 8 seeds from the VSRP offering... Thank you, PollenNut for allowing me to take part in your experiment...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It is truly my honor to post here again. I won't opine as to current state of affairs, but having said that, last evening saw much delight at my doorstep! The timing was impeccable! 
From Harry_Dangler I got this trove of goodies:

Three bottles of BBQ sauce from Kansas - "Hayward's Original" pit sauce, Kansas City Cowtown's "Night of the Living Barb-bq sauce" and "Brobecks Barbecue Mustard Sauce." They all sound great and I'm particularly fascinated with Brobecks as mustard sauce is a staple here in SC. Can't wait to get this one on some ribs!

Also included, A "Rally towel" , a KC Chiefs bottle opener (although I say 'can opener' in my campy vid) and a very nice coozy commemorating the hurt that KC put on the 49ers in Superbowl 54! How cool is that?  Everything will find use here and know my words cannot match my appreciation. 
dang1.jpg

dang2.jpg

dang3.jpg

dang4.jpg

PPATB!!!!!!

Back