• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper plant repotting - Success!

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
I've spent the entire evening repotting my plants into the 3 gallon root bags I recently purchased from Greenhouse Megastore, which I've seen advertised on here a couple of times.

I gotta say it was rather effortless to get them repotted. I did notice that every plant I had, there was a set of roots that circled the bottom of the pot. I tried to fluff out the roots a little bit to help get them to expand prior to putting them into the new root bag. I also put in 3 cups of water and some Vigoro vegetable food with sulfer, calcium, magnesium & copper added in.

Since they've just started to blossom, and I didn't rip out any of the roots, I think I should be good to go for quite a while :)

Yes dear, they're coming shortly. Seems I spoke too soon with one of the plants. Despite watering and fertilizing it right after the repotting, all the leaves on it have wilted. I was kinda iffy with it, since the stalk did come out a bit from the soil, whereas the rest were pretty firm in. 15 of 16 plants is still a good success :)

As promised... pictures!

Moruga
Moruga-vi.jpg

Bhut Jolokias
BhutJolokia-vi.jpg

Butch T's
ButchT-vi.jpg

Naga Morich
NagaMorich-vi.jpg

As you can see, one of the Nagas didn't make it. I'll be doing some seeds with the Nagas and maybe a couple more Morugas maybe to fill out my plants. I'll let you guys know what comes up lol :)

That naga that didnt make it, it looks like its not getting enought water, Only reason i say is because i have plants look like that but after a good watering they proped back up, but maybe you had tried that already.

Also, what are those black legs supporting your lights, i am assuming they are holding a light of some type.

Are these plants in the house? ...I am in Cooper City ........It looks like they are off the floor also.....I am curious how succesful in the pot and off the gound works in South Florida........I have to use pots also but placed in the yard under shade........some varieties do well like Trinidad cherry peppers...........but the supers have not produced well for me since I started almost 10 months ago..........the plants are 5 -6 feet but don't really produce well.........i.e.......Trinidad Scorpions, Bhut Jolokia, Fatali and the not so hot Datil.

DSC05475_zpsa0f806f9.jpg

DSC05474_zps6388d09d.jpg

DSC05473_zpse763ca0b.jpg

and the 5-6 foot Scorps......not full plants

DSC05472_zpsa3619cd9.jpg

Back