• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

disease pepper plant virus?

Hello All,

Many of my pepper plant seedlings (which I grew from seed this year) look stunted.  Does it look like these pepper plants have a virus?

ghost pepper:

GP1.jpeg

bahamian goat peppers:

BG1.jpeg

BG2.jpeg

I had aphids this year on my seedlings (which I tried to treat with neem oil), and I have read aphids can transmit a virus from one plant to another.

These stunted pepper plants are planted in a raised bed garden with several other pepper plants which seem to be healthy.

Should I pull these "sick" plants from the raised bed and dispose of them in an attempt to keep a possible virus from spreading to the healthy pepper plants?

Thank you! 

Solution
They look fine to me - no indication of virus.  Looks like they're simply adjusting to being transplanted outdoors recently - green crinkly new growth & a general change in the way the leaves look under different environmental conditions (increased heat & sun intensity) - and are getting ready to take off for you.  I can see there was some seemingly minor issue with the old growth on the ghost, but again, I don't see any sign of a problem going forward.
They look fine to me - no indication of virus.  Looks like they're simply adjusting to being transplanted outdoors recently - green crinkly new growth & a general change in the way the leaves look under different environmental conditions (increased heat & sun intensity) - and are getting ready to take off for you.  I can see there was some seemingly minor issue with the old growth on the ghost, but again, I don't see any sign of a problem going forward.

Solution
CaneDog said:
i5yfabZ.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Here’s a picture of how the ghost pepper plants looked at the beginning of August. I ended up topping the plants in early June (cutting off the stunted leaves). Most of the plants have recovered nicely…there is one in the front right of the picture that still seems stunted with crinkled curved leaves. Also attached is a picture of some of the pods which finally emerged on the plants. I hope there is enough time left in S.E. Pennsylvania’s growing season this year for these pods to ripen.

Attachments

• 65DFF2AB-3650-48F9-8860-D7D0A9BB0678.jpeg
    65DFF2AB-3650-48F9-8860-D7D0A9BB0678.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 133
  • D261723B-FB5E-4EEF-9E3D-3ABCE514F06E.jpeg
    D261723B-FB5E-4EEF-9E3D-3ABCE514F06E.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 126
Back