• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Plant Wind Damage!

One of my Ghost pepper plants succumbed to a gust of wind. The branch was one of 4 and it was heavy laden with peppers. Most were still green. My question is what is the best way to ripen these? On another note, for some reason this plants peppers would never turn bright red, just a bright orange, odd eh?

Attachments

• 20190830_060102.jpg
    20190830_060102.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 104
Boardwalkempireactor said:
One of my Ghost pepper plants succumbed to a gust of wind. The branch was one of 4 and it was heavy laden with peppers. Most were still green. My question is what is the best way to ripen these? On another note, for some reason this plants peppers would never turn bright red, just a bright orange, odd eh?

I've often read the advice given at this site.>Chili Pepper Madness-HOW TO RIPEN UNRIPE PEPPERS

The Paper Bag Method. Store the unripe peppers in a paper bag with a ripe tomato or apple. This also works with green tomatoes. The ripe fruit will speed the ripening process and your peppers (and tomatoes) should ripen in a week or longer.

The only thing missing is the reason for the ripe apple or tomato added to the bag, they give off ethylene gas. that helps/speeds ripening.

Back