Pepper seeds

Still got a lot of seed inventory here. THP forum members can use THPSEEDS to get 66% off (which is basically $1 per pack). USPS will be cheapest shipping option.

These were open pollinated at the farm last year so some variance should be expected.  (2019 grow for seed will be 100% isolated)

https://lawrenceproduce.com/collections/seeds

2018 and 2019 glogs are both under glog forum (The Farm 2018 and The Farm 2019), we are USDA certified organic and totally transparent on documenting our grows.

Wishing you all the best growing this year!

Yes as long as shipping costs are covered and you understand your own import / customs laws and regulations. We'll do our best to get seeds to you. Getting seeds in to some countries is a major issue in some cases, involving extra costs and/or lab testing. 

midwestchilehead said:
Thanks for the discount!

Sawyer said:
Ditto, thanks for the discount.

No problem guys!

I'm just hoping to defray some of the costs of electrical and LP gas at this point in the grow, so every bit helps. We ended up saving a whole hell of a lot more seeds than I can use at the farm so figured might as well spread 'em around some. This year we'll be doing each variety in isolation, so costs will be a little higher at the end of the season. That micron mesh for the high tunnel ends and sidewalls to keep thrips, whiteflies, and aphids out is ex-pens-ive. Same with the 14 cubic yards of potting soil we'll be going through, all the dripline and emitters, liquid ferts, etc.  

Last season was kind of "dip our feet in a little and see what's involved, so I can figure out better practices that are less labor intensive"

This season I put my plans in action and see how bad mother nature and the gods of whim and fancy derails everything again this year :)

Hey TrentL -

Great offer and thanks for spreading love around here at THP!  Just a note:  None of the seeds have any description that I can find.  Many here will know what you've got but I'm sure you could pump up some sales if descriptions were included.

Great photographs by the way.  :)

SmokenFire said:
Hey TrentL -

Great offer and thanks for spreading love around here at THP!  Just a note:  None of the seeds have any description that I can find.  Many here will know what you've got but I'm sure you could pump up some sales if descriptions were included.

Great photographs by the way.  :)

Yeah last month when I tossed those on the store I was just a *wee* bit busy getting everything rolling this year. I need to circle back around, toss some more pics up, get better descriptions, add the species and heat level so they can be filtered, etc. 

Now that this mess is well under control, I have a bit more time on my hands;

ylbSYqT.jpg

65zDL3X.jpg

That's the 2019 chinense crop, in the last two weeks I put 10,900+ peppers seeds down

By the way I'm mainly trying to gear up for wholesale USDA certified organic seed sales to farms and other seed vendors. Hopefully I can talk Justin over at WHP to carrying our inventory for next season. He lives about 45 minutes from me so it'd work out great. I don't want to step on toes and compete against a neighbor, just want to get some of the varieties USDA certified organic since the current USDA certified organic pepper seed selection is ridiculously bad at the big vendors. The way I see it if small producers and vendors work together we all win together as a community. 

In a similar vein I'm building more high tunnels this year and investing more in automation so we can (hopefully) become a 'feeder' farm for other small farms that don't have elaborate infrastructure for long-growing crops, supplying transplants, etc. 

Dunno how it will work out, but like most things, don't know until you try.. :)

Hawkins said:
Just placed an order for some Fatalii, MOA Scotch Bonnet, and 7 Pot Primo. Hoping I have enough time to get some Primo's this year.

Yeah you shouldn't have a problem if you get them started right away. Last year I started my Primos on February 7th and had my first pick in the middle of August with a heavy harvest in September. They took me 9-15 days to germinate on warming mats with peak germination at day 12. This year I have similar results - primos started popping on day 8 and are just now hooking heavily on day 12. I've started them as late as Feb 22nd in the past.  (Hell, last year I started trays of Carolina Reaper on Feb 23rd and had a hell of a reaper pick in September)

Transplants were smaller on those later ones, but the plants caught up quickly after they hit the dirt - by mid summer I couldn't tell which I'd started later. 

Will get your order out today so you can get them started.

ETA: I also started MOA's on Feb 23 last year and they started hooking on day 6

Js1M5F6.png

Especially with you being in South Carolina, your dirt day is WAY earlier than mine. You'll have no probs. Only downside is if your temps hit 96F+ too early you'll get some flower drop in the mid growth (nodes 5-?). Keep them healthy and they'll reset a big batch of pods in the late season under heavy canopy.  We had our heaviest harvest on MOA right before frost, on the late-summer flower reset. (Every flower dropped from late july through late august, flowers that set early september were all good, HUGE pick at the end of the year)

I'm wading through each type today trying to build out on descriptions to add in notes on germ time, days to maturity, heat level, etc.. etc.. Plus any notes on pheno variation or other field notes I have (e.g. aleppo / halaby were really susceptible to fusarium wilt when not inoculated with myco, etc)

Yeah long growing season, I was still picking peppers in November last year. It's about time to open the dirt up for this year. The plan is to use plastic mulch and weed barriers, and install drip lines to make it automated. I want to produce enough to sell locally and at the markers market. I think the tomatoes and cucumbers will do better than the peppers at the market, but I guess I'll just have to see for my self.

I'll have a shade cloth up, so hoping that helps with the flower drop this year.

I have some scotch bonnets going all ready, I'll save the MOA for next year.

I will also be using a heat mat, with a covered cell, probably just a plastic bag since I bulk start in single cell.

TrentL said:
Especially with you being in South Carolina, your dirt day is WAY earlier than mine. You'll have no probs. Only downside is if your temps hit 96F+ too early you'll get some flower drop in the mid growth (nodes 5-?). Keep them healthy and they'll reset a big batch of pods in the late season under heavy canopy.  We had our heaviest harvest on MOA right before frost, on the late-summer flower reset. (Every flower dropped from late july through late august, flowers that set early september were all good, HUGE pick at the end of the year)

BDASPNY said:
just placed an order, thanks for the discount code! :metal:

Thank you!!! Already got the packing slip printed, and yours is the experimental "purchase USPS postage through Shopify" order so I printed out the shipping label too. Tired of getting knicked for 3+ dollars an envelope, discounted through shopify it matched exactly what you paid on your order. If we take the same envelope to the post office and have them meter it they're 3x as expensive for whatever reason!

Just finished updating all of the descriptions, added some photos, etc. Damn that took a LOT longer than I thought it would!

Failed miserably at connecting our shopify store to Amazon. Did manage to get our amazon seller account approved this morning though, so I can at least get stuff started rolling there this season. Plan on trying to move organic produce directly via Amazon, we'll see how it goes. They enforce certified organic status on food product labeled organic, which is fine, as we got our certificate in hand. They also allow seed sales but warn about export - phytosanitary regulations for export are frigging INTENSE. My eyes glazed over about halfway through trying to read this. http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/y3241e/y3241e06.htm

TrentL said:

Thank you!!! Already got the packing slip printed, and yours is the experimental "purchase USPS postage through Shopify" order so I printed out the shipping label too. Tired of getting knicked for 3+ dollars an envelope, discounted through shopify it matched exactly what you paid on your order. If we take the same envelope to the post office and have them meter it they're 3x as expensive for whatever reason!

Just finished updating all of the descriptions, added some photos, etc. Damn that took a LOT longer than I thought it would!

Failed miserably at connecting our shopify store to Amazon. Did manage to get our amazon seller account approved this morning though, so I can at least get stuff started rolling there this season. Plan on trying to move organic produce directly via Amazon, we'll see how it goes. They enforce certified organic status on food product labeled organic, which is fine, as we got our certificate in hand. They also allow seed sales but warn about export - phytosanitary regulations for export are frigging INTENSE. My eyes glazed over about halfway through trying to read this. http://www.fao.org/docrep/004/y3241e/y3241e06.htm

wish I had waited a few hours I would ordered at least one more pack(Tekne Dolmasi). reading through them all now. I wasn't sure what some of them were. was tough trying to google a bunch before starting my work day.   nice work on the update!

BDASPNY said:

wish I had waited a few hours I would ordered at least one more pack(Tekne Dolmasi). reading through them all now. I wasn't sure what some of them were. was tough trying to google a bunch before starting my work day.   nice work on the update!

We've got more tekne if you need 'em! Those were the gigantic sweet peppers that everyone loved so much last year. The moment I ate a chunk of the first ripe pod in the field, I went running to my wife and daughter-in-law to have them try it, and it quickly became their favorite. We had folks showing up at the farmers market right at opening because after a couple weeks we kept running out and word had started spreading. By the end of the growing season folks had to pre-order theirs to be delivered at the market, our production lagged behind demand.*

* ETA: we had 70+ plants in the field, and couldn't keep up with demand. Folks were buying the pods for $2 each at market and we kept running out by 9 AM every weekend.

TrentL said:

We've got more tekne if you need 'em! Those were the gigantic sweet peppers that everyone loved so much last year. The moment I ate a chunk of the first ripe pod in the field, I went running to my wife and daughter-in-law to have them try it, and it quickly became their favorite. We had folks showing up at the farmers market right at opening because after a couple weeks we kept running out and word had started spreading. By the end of the growing season folks had to pre-order theirs to be delivered at the market, our production lagged behind demand.*

* ETA: we had 70+ plants in the field, and couldn't keep up with demand. Folks were buying the pods for $2 each at market and we kept running out by 9 AM every weekend.

its very tempting, by the description sounds like they would be great to grow. we eat a lot of stuffed peppers during the grow season and these I could stuff with lots of other peppers.

Back