• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pepper Turd's Log

After reading several other threads, I started getting nervous. I figured if Patrick was starting already, I'd better get my backside in gear.

After growing the standard first timers peppers last year, I decided it was time to branch out a bit this year. My list so far includes:

Bhut Jolokia
Bih Jolokia
Trinidad Scorpion
7 Pot
Fatalli
Caribbean Red
Yellow Hab
Orange Hab
Large Peach Hab
Peach Hab
Golden Cayenne
Long Red Cayenne
Lemon Drop
Serrano
Biker Billy Jalapeno
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno
Aji Panca
Put Gochu
Orange Thai

I'm trying Jiffy pellets on a heat mat for germination. Seems a little more regulated and is working better than last year.

Nice List.

I'm using Jiffy pellets this year for the first time too. So far so good.

Tomorrow I'm going out to get some Pro Mix and other supplies to get ready to start potting some of these seedlings up to Keg Cups.

Good luck this season!

Lets see some pics soon ;)

I started several plants to grow indoors this winter. Hopefully I will be able to harvest some seeds from these this spring.

Here is a Bhut Jolokia I pruned to stimulate more bushy growth.

Bhut.jpg

An Orange Thai, because I want to try a fresh pod from one.

OrangeThai.jpg

A Fatalli, also because I'm curious.

Fatalli.jpg

And a Scorpion on the left and 7 Pot on the right.

Scorpand7Pot.jpg

JJ. Keg cups. That brings back some good memories. I'm planning on using the same as well.

I assume these pellets can just be planted intact. The netting appears to be a paper product and not plastic like other pellets. I've heard that some people cut the netting so as to not constrict root growth, but I don't think I need to do that with these pellets. Anyone have any thoughts?

Cut them just to be sure. I have had some that the roots came out fine and others that never really grew because the netting was constricting them. Its not hard to do and if you water right before you plant them, the peat stays together well enough to not fall apart in your hands. Other than that, every is looking real good. And you have some nice over wintered one in there as well.

Back