• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Pepper Video Walkarounds, Part V - Mustard Habanero

I cannot remember ever seeing a habanero type this large. Interesting variation, for sure. And the mustard color is very striking.

Have not had a chance to taste it yet. Although the name is habanero, it looks an awful lot like some of the larger chinense varieties I see here as superhots. We'll see.

Enjoy the video. More to come this week. Still thinking I can get in 10-12 before the heat melts them.

http://youtu.be/Ehgdpb8nQ6U

Thats awesome. Mine started off strong but died due to forasium wilt. Got my seeds from bakers creek as I only had that one plant from the arboretum. Let us know how the taste is

Very cool. I've wondered about this type and getting a size comparison is fantastic, Thank you!

Obsidian, I'll try and report back on whether the rest of the pods are this large. I sometimes see larger early pods with a regression to the mean later, much like some tomatoes. I hope they're all that big, as its pretty amazing.

Thats awesome. Mine started off strong but died due to forasium wilt. Got my seeds from bakers creek as I only had that one plant from the arboretum. Let us know how the taste is

Bummer. And I will definitely try and report back on the taste. I'm guessing it should be ready this weekend. We'll see.

Thank you!

Back