• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Pepper Video Walkarounds, Part VII - Criolla Sella

Not my favorite walkaround so far, but gives a decent idea about the plant. I'm not in love with these this year due to too much or too little of something. They aren't as hot as usual and don't have as much sweetness, either. Previous two years, though, they were champs.

Make beautiful powder.
On a related note, I am all ears on how to make these videos better without sinking a ton of time into them. I could do shorter clips that cover plant, fruit color, fruit size without much trouble.

Beautiful plant. I've seen a couple of your other walk around videos and your other plants, too. It would be cool if you filmed outside, possibly where you keep your other plants just for the sake of better lighting and scenery. It's always great to see new varieties that I've never heard of or seen before. Good job.

Beautiful plant. I've seen a couple of your other walk around videos and your other plants, too. It would be cool if you filmed outside, possibly where you keep your other plants just for the sake of better lighting and scenery. It's always great to see new varieties that I've never heard of or seen before. Good job.

Thanks for the input, Osaka. I'll have to do a few walk arounds outdoors as well. Unfortunately, most of my free time is in the evenings, so its kind of limiting, which is a bummer. Maybe over the weekend I'll do an outdoor walkaround in the morning. The plants look good then, and it isn't ungodly hot.

I'm gonna aim for 1-2 this weekend. Lemme know if you think the lighting is better on those, if you would!

I think that for an amateur production the videos have been great. Perhaps having a stronger spot light or something would help more, but since you won't get a return investment and the quality really is not bad I would not worry too much. If people want to see pod color in natural lights, most the stuff you have is common enough that they can do a search for it.
I like how you show the plant separated like you do, it gives a much better idea as far as size, growing characteristics and the like.
For your size comparisons if you want to do something to help more, grab a standard 12 inch ruler or a tape measure to hold out against things.
I like the productions, keep them coming!

I think that for an amateur production the videos have been great. Perhaps having a stronger spot light or something would help more, but since you won't get a return investment and the quality really is not bad I would not worry too much. If people want to see pod color in natural lights, most the stuff you have is common enough that they can do a search for it.
I like how you show the plant separated like you do, it gives a much better idea as far as size, growing characteristics and the like.
For your size comparisons if you want to do something to help more, grab a standard 12 inch ruler or a tape measure to hold out against things.
I like the productions, keep them coming!

Thank you for the input and I will definitely be including a ruler (if I have one!) or something else very common for a size reference from now on. Great idea!

Are you growing it right there in the kitchen?

Nossir. But many of my plants are on the deck just outside the kitchen. You can see most of them through the windows on the double doors when I come around to that angle (which is also the one I start at).

+1 Osaka Natural Light is the Best! And Then there was Light!!!

Nice plant my friend, keep the verbage more summarized, stop, then add a music soundtrack that relates to the plant and it's character....Cool
Be well

+1 Osaka Natural Light is the Best! And Then there was Light!!!

Nice plant my friend, keep the verbage more summarized, stop, then add a music soundtrack that relates to the plant and it's character....Cool
Be well

:)

You'd never guess that I was voice trained, would you? Laaaaaazy. lol.

Umm, mine aren't orange. Weird. I got mine from here http://www.sgtpepper...&products_id=30

Anyone else want to tell me criolla sella is supposed to be orange, and if so where to get the real thing?
Or are there both yellow and orange criolla sellas?

edit: Also : http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=criolla+sella&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&submit=Search

Back