• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper won't grow.

This purple ghost scorpion won't grow. It looks like it's missing some nutrient, but I can't figure out why. Everything else is growing fine. Any help would be appreciated.
fio13ps.jpg

Here's a bubblegum 7 pod for comparison(Yes, I know it needs less nitrogen)
hDiypNi.jpg
And a Jigsaw
rjc8T1e.jpg

stoney's_ghost said:
Soil looks really moist. Could be retaining too much water.
Do you have adequate drainage?
Might add more perlite.
I was wondering about that, but they were added to those sized pots at the same time, so it was equally damp for all of them. It doesn't have a drainage hole on the bottom, but on the side. I tilt the pots after a rainstorm to drain them, and that one gets watered only every week and a half.

Lots of reasons why it isnt doing anything. Thats something you'd have to figure out. I would def drill some drain holes in the bottom of the container for sure. I wouldn't water on a schedule either. You kinda have to be able to read your plants. Once it looks like it wants to wilt and the pot is really light id give it some water then. Some plants get stunted for different reasons.

With only one hole, regardless of the bottom or side, they are probably staying too wet for too long. I would suggest drilling more holes.

Jamison said:
Lots of reasons why it isnt doing anything. Thats something you'd have to figure out. I would def drill some drain holes in the bottom of the container for sure. I wouldn't water on a schedule either. You kinda have to be able to read your plants. Once it looks like it wants to wilt and the pot is really light id give it some water then. Some plants get stunted for different reasons.
The week and a half isn't a schedule, it's just when it happens to dry out.

@geeme
It's hard to explain, but the pot is sort of two connected pieces with a hole all the way around the side. I will look into making sure it gets less water though.

Yeah... I won't buy pots like that. Did once and regretted it. Every now and then I will try another plant in one, since I never threw them away, and I keep telling myself I should toss them. I have never successfully grown anything in them.

I have a Reaper similar problem. Some new growth but not much. Havent figured it out. Youll have a late season plant or a prime candidate for over wintering....let it roll.

Back