food Pepperfreak's Pepper Chicken

I decided to try something different with a recipe that I have been using for years and am glad to report that it turned out fantastic. This is a variation of what my family calls Homemade Oven Chicken BBQ. The original recipe goes like this:

1/4 cup Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
3 minced garlic cloves (more is better)

Mix all ingredients together and marinate the chicken breast for one hour and then bake uncovered with the marinade in oven for 350 f until chicken is done (about one hour).

Here's what I added tonight and was absolutely amazed at how well it turned out:

feel free to use any amount to suit your individual tastes
1/2 tsp Orange Hab Powder
1/2 tsp Tabasco Powder
3/4 tsp fresh Cayenne powder.

As most of you know I cook mostly by feel (or taste,LOL) so, these measurements are all approximate. If you do try this, the longer you marinade the chicken the better. I also make sure that I have enough liquid in the pan (about 1 inch worth) so that it all doesn't cook off.

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. :)

Pepperfreak said:
I decided to try something different with a recipe that I have been using for years and am glad to report that it turned out fantastic. This is a variation of what my family calls Homemade Oven Chicken BBQ. The original recipe goes like this:

1/4 cup Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
3 minced garlic cloves (more is better)

Mix all ingredients together and marinate the chicken breast for one hour and then bake uncovered with the marinade in oven for 350 f until chicken is done (about one hour).

Here's what I added tonight and was absolutely amazed at how well it turned out:

feel free to use any amount to suit your individual tastes
1/2 tsp Orange Hab Powder
1/2 tsp Tabasco Powder
3/4 tsp fresh Cayenne powder.

As most of you know I cook mostly by feel (or taste,LOL) so, these measurements are all approximate. If you do try this, the longer you marinade the chicken the better. I also make sure that I have enough liquid in the pan (about 1 inch worth) so that it all doesn't cook off.

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. :)

PF that sounds great and I would love to enjoy it but........

THERE'S NO PICS!!!

Cheers, TB.

Right on brother tex, but the thread has merit nonetheless!!!

That recipe sounds awesome. I will try it.

Pepper chicken at the local chinese place means.....

Deep fried strings of chicken meat (not breaded) marinated in a soy sauce, oil, jalapenos, and black pepper.....TONS OF BLACK PEPPER!!!!!!!!!dish that freaking rocks.

I'm glad you guys liked the recipe. Please let me know how it turns out for you. I am really going to have to start cooking with my camera at hand :lol:

Back