vendor pepperlover.com

I ordered my seeds through Judy after doing quite a bit of searching around. Her selection is excellent, the order shipped quickly and without errors, the prices are reasonable, and included in my order were 3 free gifts of seeds, including the rare Trinidad Scorpion Mourouga. Overall, I was more than happy with my experience and plan on doing future business with pepperlover.com. In fact, the only quibble I have, and it's a minor one, is that there were some grammatical and spelling errors on the website, which is less than stellar, but I'm not buying the website so I really don't care personally, just thought I'd mention it playing devil's advocate.

Thanks Judy!!

Checking out whitehotpeppers now. I would like the chocolate bhutlah. Other than that I really liked growing hybrids like the devils horn,brain,heart. from PL. I want to get a variety of colors this season. I'm really excited about next season. I'm stepping up from containers to a decent size garden I plowed this fall. Got a nice 4 foot T5 system I'm setting up next month so I would like to order seeds soon.

@austin87 Hey man this site looks amazing I'm putting an order in tonight. So much variety. I missed a lot of news in the pepper world this year. Any must haves I should know about?

I haven't ordered seeds from anywhere in a long while, but the two times that I did order from Judy, everything got to Japan in once piece, packed in a large bubble envelope (I ordered dried pods too).  She even re-sent my order when I wrote in saying it never showed up (the original eventually did show up weeeeeks later though). Judy was always a pleasure to work with tbh. Maybe I was just lucky?

I ordered from Pepperlover recently. Although her in-stock variety list is pretty decimated and most things are out of stock, I still found ten varieties to order. The seeds arrived in about a week, with three free varieties thrown in. So, even though her inventory is lagging, she still offers the same great and speedy service.

I order from Pepperlover on a pretty regular basis or at least used to, it's not too regular now.  What I know is that I got an email from Judy probably two years back that she was going to California to handle some family business.  Then a good while later she reply emailed that she wouldn't be returning and she was turning everything over to Adam.

That appears to be when some problems started occurring.  I usually place orders in low 3 figures amounts.  The last order was Oct 24,2016 and they hadn't arrived on Nov 3, so I emailed asking if they had been sent.

Got reply the same day:  "I was waiting on few seeds to dry.  Now all packed and going in mail Monday"

Seeds finally arrived around the end of November, save and sound but not from Tennessee, postmarked sent 11/6/2016.

Like most of you, I hope that Pepperlover.com is updated and that they continue to have the usual great selection of seeds.  I will probably continue ordering from them and wish them only the best.

Windsong
cltoll@hotmail.com

Hmmmm... I've ordered 3 separate times over the past 3 years from pepperlover.com and haven't had any big issues yet. My biggest complaint would be my yellow brainstrain seeds didn't germinate but everything else did. Each time I would order 6 different strains and in return get over a dozen in the mail, all interesting and desirable strains so I felt no need to complain because I still came out on top.
Even if there are no new strains this year I will still end up ordering more because they will still be new to me.

cmpman1974 said:
Who is Adam?  I thought Judy ran the business herself?

Chris
Good question. The Domain is registered to:

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-06-20T18:47:47Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: mohammad hamdan
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 424 E Washington St Apt B
Registrant City: Pulaski
Registrant State/Province: Tennessee
Registrant Postal Code: 38478
Registrant Country: US

There is no "about us" info on the homepage. 

Anyway, Judy/Adam/whoever should restock the seeds. Or at least give us some info whats going on...

Harald13 said:
There is no "about us" info on the homepage. 

Anyway, Judy/Adam/whoever should restock the seeds. Or at least give us some info whats going on...

I don't dispute your point re: restocking/updating.  I do think we as the THP community might want to wait a bit and maybe understand there are things in life that take precedence over online presence or business.  I've not updated my own web page due to work/family issues in some time, and I'd hate to be judged by the anonymous public because of it.  

Bringing hard to find/new and wonderful peppers to market, with great customer service has been a mainstay of Judy's operation at pepperlover.  With some time and understanding I'm confident any/all issues will be resolved to all parties satisfaction. 

I asked her (or whoever operates the site atm) in november when will she have some varieties available again, the answer was "This winter we will".
Almost two months passed and the site is still the same. Hope it will be updated soon. :)

Back