Pepperprepper

kodiakbear

Banned
What do you do to get your stomach ready for a super-hot?

This morning I had a bowl of cheerios and a glass of milk (both using whole, organic milk). About an hour later, I ate a chocolate scorp courtesy of my a true man of God known as Dale Baker. In short, I had 1,000 knives in my stomach an hour after.

Any suggestions? Was I just stupid to do it in the morning? I thought I had put enough base in my stomach to handle the pepper, but I was the hell off. It was only in the late afternoon before it wasn't a problem and, honestly, now, 13 hours later, I'm still noticing the visceral effects.

I don't think anything can prepare ones body for the abuse it takes from a super hot. Its designed to reek havoc.  :onfire:

I do not have an answer regarding preparing for a super hot.  I did have a run in with guts of doom recently as a result of eating a superhot on pizza and have a few more questions:

The mouth develops a tolerence, does the stomach and exit path?  I quite often get fire ring after only moderately hot meals.  It is limiting my superhot intake.

To answer your question, yes the gut and exit path build up a tolerance as well! And yes fat and protein both help line your stomach, sliced superhots on top of a nice steak, or Philly cheese delicious!

chile_freak said:
To answer your question, yes the gut and exit path build up a tolerance as well! And yes fat and protein both help line your stomach, sliced superhots on top of a nice steak, or Philly cheese delicious!
I'll have to try that! A Philly sounds good right now.

Along with starch filler in your stomach, bananas before and after really helps. At hot pepper night on Mondays, we have banana milkshakes to help handle the pain. Also,it reduces, and for me, totally takes the burn away the next morning :-) 2 bananas on Monday, maybe $1, no burning butt on Tuesday morning PRICELESS. Tom

I never get a serious afterburn other than a couple of strains of pepper, I have a mostly vegetarian diet, I don't know if that makes a big difference--I don't eat a lot of greasy food.  I'll have some hot turds but I never get a bad "spray." lol there are a couple of varieties that give me bad back cramps for whatever reason.

Edit: I thought this thread was going to be about doomsday prepping...that's an entirely different topic altogether and trust me...peppers have their uses ;)

Back