• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peppers and Birthdays

Maybe I'm crazy, but I noticed for the second year in a row... my birthday seems to mark several of my pepper (and sunflower) plants' ripening (and blooming) times. Last year, I got a bunch of habaneros and sunflowers around my birthday. This year... well, same thing. I've been dying to see some peppers ripen, which I finally began to see several days ago in the form of my chocolate habanero plant. But on July 30, yesterday (my birthday), I noticed at least one each of around 5-6 different types starting to change. Weird! It's the next morning now, and I'm currently finishing my night of drinking (only the equivalent of a six-pack, but cheap crappy beer).

But either way, apparently my birthday is right in line with my favorite plants' ripening/blooming times. I figured it was a strange coincidence last year; this year I'm seeing the same thing, but with different plants. Sure, something dumb, but kind of awkward to see the same thing with two different plants two years in a row...

It's sad, my plants seem to think of my birthday before my own family. I don't know if I should put an "LOL" or an "WTF?" after that.

Lol :beer: Happy B'day

If it helps my parents think I'm 6 years older than I am hahaha

Some families are close and well other lol

Hope you enjoy your nice hot b'day prezzies

Maybe I'm crazy, but I noticed for the second year in a row... my birthday seems to mark several of my pepper (and sunflower) plants' ripening (and blooming) times. Last year, I got a bunch of habaneros and sunflowers around my birthday. This year... well, same thing. I've been dying to see some peppers ripen, which I finally began to see several days ago in the form of my chocolate habanero plant. But on July 30, yesterday (my birthday), I noticed at least one each of around 5-6 different types starting to change. Weird! It's the next morning now, and I'm currently finishing my night of drinking (only the equivalent of a six-pack, but cheap crappy beer).

But either way, apparently my birthday is right in line with my favorite plants' ripening/blooming times. I figured it was a strange coincidence last year; this year I'm seeing the same thing, but with different plants. Sure, something dumb, but kind of awkward to see the same thing with two different plants two years in a row...

It's sad, my plants seem to think of my birthday before my own family. I don't know if I should put an "LOL" or an "WTF?" after that.

It's possible for plants to sync with their care-givers/lovers; plants to some extent are sentient and respond to good/bad vibes. But only we think; Happy Birthday!

Back