• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peppers...for the 2nd time around

Which pepper(s) have you grown for the 1st time that may have inspired you enough to re-grow next season and why?

1) Goronong: pleasing scent and flavor, not "Habish" tasting, good producer

2) Cajamarca: outstanding production, very ornamental, good flav fresh or sauced

3) Nagabon: 1st one I tried ,(what's this all a'bout) not what I expected but

since then, I've really enjoyed them and will plant a few extras next year!

Which pepper(s) have you grown for the 1st time that may have inspired you enough to re-grow next season and why?

1) Goronong: pleasing scent and flavor, not "Habish" tasting, good producer

2) Cajamarca: outstanding production, very ornamental, good flav fresh or sauced

3) Nagabon: 1st one I tried ,(what's this all a'bout) not what I expected but

since then, I've really enjoyed them and will plant a few extras next year!

Caribbean Reds - Although 9greenbox.com sold me CR's and marketed them as Bhut Jolokias and I lost a season due to this false advertising, I have to admit that they are an amazing pod with a great amount of heat. The plants have put an amazing amount of pods out, I have them in large pots, all of them did very well, I had 7 or 8 plants this season. Do not shop 9greenbox or whatever name they are using these days, they are not standup folks by any means.

Scotch Bonnets from a Lady in Jamaica - These pods are the real deal, very good looking with the inverted tip, yellow, exactly as they should be. The heat is good on these, not crazy, so if you wanted to snack on one you could, they also make a great sauce which is really what I do with most of my pods.

Numex Centennials from CPI - My Girlfriend loves the look of these and so do I, they are a great ornamental plant!

I have a few plants growing right now that I will be continuing to grow in a closet over the winter with grow lights. These inclued Aji Lemons/CPI Bhuts/Numex 100's/CPI Cajamarcas. I also traded a lot of nice folks on this forum for some superhots, I am really looking forward to starting those in the early spring. Those will include 7pots/Butch T's/Choc Bhuts/and a few different varieties of Bhuts and Butch's.

Jwala: Outstanding production! The pods kept getting hotter as the season progressed, performed well both in a pot (3 gallon) and in the ground.

Hungarian Hot Wax: Always passed them up because they were "common", but wow! They have consistent medium/mild heat and are quite sweet when ripe, great with eggs and pasta.

Aji Omnicolor: Took a bit to get going because the starlings broke them off just above the dicotyledons. Anyway they are beautiful and have a somewhat unique taste and good heat. Prolific too.

Aji Omnicolor: Took a bit to get going because the starlings broke them off just above the dicotyledons. Anyway they are beautiful and have a somewhat unique taste and good heat. Prolific too.

Starlings are annoying...you can thank the The Acclimatization Society for them. They were brought here by that group because they wanted to introduce every bird mentioned in Shakespeare's writings into North America. Bastards...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=call-of-the-reviled

Back