Peppers going Mainstream

There was a really good show on the Food Network the other night called Unwrapped that was promoting hot sauces, snacks, etc. They had Blair and CaJohn on there to name a few. Anybody see it? What did you think? I think it's cool that these things are starting to get a little more mainstream.

Somewhat cool. There have always been tons of frat guys that want to one up each other on hot sauces. As long as this site doesn't go more mainstream (the average member here is really cool! I would hate to dilute that) I am glad to have sauces more available. I don't use them much except for at the office or for wings. I prefer fresh peppers or powder, flakes, or vinegar from my own peppers.

cheezydemon said:
Somewhat cool. There have always been tons of frat guys that want to one up each other on hot sauces. As long as this site doesn't go more mainstream (the average member here is really cool! I would hate to dilute that) I am glad to have sauces more available. I don't use them much except for at the office or for wings. I prefer fresh peppers or powder, flakes, or vinegar from my own peppers.

i actually read an article about a month ago on the frat boy chile thing, i think it was on fiery-foods.com but they don't seem to keep articles from past issues of the magazine online (i guess they want you to actually, like, buy the magazine or something. pfft...). anyways, apparently its some leftover evolutionary thing. although i don't think we needed a study to tell us frat guys are macho.

on another note i agree on the coolness degree of people here and i also beleive we probably have a higher proportion of women then the article suggested exists in society. we could do a poll then i could find the pearson coefficient to see if there's any relation. if we had actual stats on society in general this would be more relevant tho. can this site do polls?

The lava lamp sauce? Yeah that episode is quite old but yes it's always cool to see people from the industry on there.

cheezydemon said:
lol GB, I thought ignorance was bliss?

Post a "reveal your gender" thread in the general chit chat forum. It would probably be interesting!

I'll do that. I'll even make it a poll so that when you vote and place your answer in the text box we can get a closer count (read: easier).

cheezydemon said:
lol GB, I thought ignorance was bliss?

Post a "reveal your gender" thread in the general chit chat forum. It would probably be interesting!

imaguitargod said:
I'll do that. I'll even make it a poll so that when you vote and place your answer in the text box we can get a closer count (read: easier).

Ok, I just posted the poll. GO HERE to vote and see what people are.

Was in Wal-Mart yesterday, saw some "Ghost Pepper" cheese puffs or Doritos, can't recollect exactly, just remembered thinking "corporate world" trying to grab a slice o' the pepper pie.  Didn't purchase any, but did take mental note.

Just realized as well that the last post on this thread was 2008? Oh well. Looks like in 10 years we've gotten Ghost Pepper cheese puffs or something or other...  :confused:

Some Tom foolery afoot in the THP, noticed other such anomalies....

Back