• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

peppers soft when turning red.

My tabasco and siling labuyo peppers get mushy when they are red. Why is that and is there a way
to correct the problem? I have two boonie peppers. One was having the same mushy problem and
the other one was just fine, red one's were nice and firm.

My tabasco and siling labuyo peppers get mushy when they are red. Why is that and is there a way
to correct the problem? I have two boonie peppers. One was having the same mushy problem and
the other one was just fine, red one's were nice and firm.
hello
it think the issue is that because they are so small to begin with and once they are ripe there done, many Birdseye peppers are like this, i noticed that my friend Labuyo do the same thing, i kind think its normal, there nothing wrong with his plant so it would say it probably normal
pick them when there just turning red and let them sit a day or two and they will ripen the rest of the way

thanks your friend Joe

i have to pick my hot lemons quick after ripening as they too get mushy on the plant. i noticed my superchili doing the same, as they are ripening at a different rate than others on the plant, i had to snip a few(i was hoping they would mature at the same time and i could dehydrate them all at once). i haven't had the issue with goatsweed, perhaps its 3 step ripening process keeps it fresh longer.

I haven't tasted the siling labuyo because it gets mushy immediately.
Even the ones that are not all the way red are mushy. Only the green one's
are firm. Maybe I should just try the mushy ones.

i had the same prob with HOT EQUIDOR they tend SELF-PICK (fall off very easily)when they are ripe

thanks your friend Joe

Back