• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peppers Super Slow

I was wondering why a few types of peppers I am growing are going so slowly. some of them are still on their first sets of true leaves while the neighboring plants are already flowering. I know a few of them are the chinense type and they are supposed to be slower, But this slow? I planted them out over a month ago, probably closer to 2 months ago.

did you use different soils on other plants? that might be the problem. maybe you need to repot.

pictures are worth a thousand words.

better to see it so we can help better.

They are all in the ground, and they all get the same amount of light and water.

I will take pictures tomorrow of them when it is light outside
Thanks
Ben

I was wondering why a few types of peppers I am growing are going so slowly. some of them are still on their first sets of true leaves while the neighboring plants are already flowering. I know a few of them are the chinense type and they are supposed to be slower, But this slow? I planted them out over a month ago, probably closer to 2 months ago.

Pictures would be good. Which ones are doing okay and which ones specifically are not. There are a lot of variables; ph, soil, ferts/nutrients, and temperature is a biggie. Since they're in the ground and some are okay and some are not (given the soil is consistent) soil can probably be ruled out. Pictures please. Cheers.

If you planted them almost two months ago, it was probably too early and plants got stunted. I'm not sure about your climate but I imagine the ground would still be cool when you planted out and chiles don't like to have cold roots

If you planted them almost two months ago, it was probably too early and plants got stunted. I'm not sure about your climate but I imagine the ground would still be cool when you planted out and chiles don't like to have cold roots

+1 Yeah, even in Maryland that's a bit early for going outside. Good call.

these are the peppers not growing, they are only about an inch tall
P6210090.jpg

and these are some growing right next to them
P6210091.jpg

P6210092.jpg

P6210096.jpg

P6210097.jpg

Back