• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

peppers that grow sideways

does anyone ever experience pepper plants that grow sideways or lopsided , and it doesn't seem to be due to sun light? ive turned this guy weeks ago with no change and have a few other superhots doing the same.

058.JPG

It should be due to the light . But if its not for some reason then I dont know. You can stake them down to straighten them out. Maybe they were potted up wierd? Lol

Are the pots on a flat surface? I have read that some people actually tip their pots at about 45 degrees for some time and then flip them the other way and so on. Its supposed to help strengthen the stalk by growing back and forth as the tip reaches for the light

actually yeah they sorta are. They are currently in a wagon as i move these in and out for harding off before they go into the ground. sometimes dirt, water, or something else get under the pots, or the pots are all squeezed in the wagon so some of the pots tilt.

061.JPG

now that you mention it, the stalks on these plants that are growing sideways are a lot bigger than the other plants. maybe your own to something here.

My guess is light. You have them against a wall or shade on one side. Rotating them would prevent this. I also agree with prehensile.

Strong wind can jack them up if they're not supported, but you would probably know it if that's what happened.

Back