• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peppin' Ain't Easy..."3/5King's 2012"

GLOG =Good Looking Older Gentlemen or maybe Got Lot's of Gas......Today I'm going to have to go with both.....TMI....I think not.

So this will be my first GLOG. Enjoy Everyone.

Grow List

Brain Strain 7
Jonah 7
Yellow 7
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Naga Morich
Chocolate Scorpion

Tepin
Pekin
White Habanero
CGN 21500
Fatalii Yellow
Fatalii White
Aji Lemon Drop
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Long Chocolate Habanero

Should have the grow area set up and seeds germing by February 15th

Ey Guru, thank you. I'm workin' on it. I've plucked 95 percent of all the bad leaves and small amounts of new growth is coming in. We will see. Everything is green albeit small but still looking healthier and healthier every day. Now to get on some AACT for them to pig out on.

Nice job on that Brain....I'm not sure If I will ever pop a whole one. After seeing you bent over the sink saying that your stomach was doing the Watosi....man..I just keep going back to that Black Naga and thinking I don't want to ever feel that again....You're a champ bro! I like your friends, they are laughing at you at first and then realize that your roughed up and then they get all concerned and empathetic! hahahaha. Here's to good times! :cheers: <<<< Filled with milk......lol

Just a though 3/5...you may still be able to find a few stray Jal plants at your "home" store. I found some Mucho Nacho Jals to boost my #'s for party poppers. Think I have 17 Jal plants now??? Anywho, that would save you 6-8 weeks in grow out time. Felt like I was cheating a little, but I just planted them a few weeks ago and they're already fruiting. Keep that kid in the garden, dirt'll keep him clean.

very nice! i didn't get anything planted until early June. that, coupled with the heat has put me way behind. good luck with the rest of the growing season.

Well I counted and I have 31 true strains and 30 OP strains. Just did a trade with a couple people and I have about 25 or so different strains coming too. Just like you said next year is gonna be epic.

Shane- I was wanting to grow some non-commercialized Japs. I did however check out Walmart's leftovers......oh man, those things were sad as sad can be. They didn't even have any Japs but the did have some other pepper plants that were just ragged looking. They were ridiculously root bound and had mushy over ripe pods hanging off of them lol. I'm just going to plant some of the seed I have and see what happens! I'll bring them in under artificial light if I have too. It is a good idea though. I'm just not very mobile at the moment.

Buddy- Thanks for checking out my page. Things have been bumpy and it's just all starting to slightly come together but I'm happy. Sucks with the late plant out...but better late than never! You'll still get some pods and I'm sure have fun doing it. Look forward to next year, we can only get better!

J-Son - Hell yeah, I didn't check if (nor do I think I would be able to tell) they were OP or Pure seed. As long as the pods come out true. Hell even if they don't, I'm sure I'll like the end result. Next year will be epic.

UPDATE: Here is my AACT

10 gallons water
General Organics Marine Squid
General Organics Seaweed Kelp
General Organics Black Diamond (humic acid)
Alaska fish ferts
A chunk of fresh grass and roots from the yard
A handful of mushroom compost
A handful of Pro-Mix Organic with mycos and sea based compost
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Pure Oxygen

I didn't do exact amounts because a lot of it was the last of what I had. The fish fertz I just glooped out around a 1/4 cups worth. The General Organics stuff, I probably added two table spoons of each. I used a tank of pure oxygen from Home Depot to add some dissolved oxygen before starting the brew. I have two aquarium pumps. One is going to an air stone underneath and the other has a 1/4 inch tube stuck into the top of the tea bag. I still have some revisions in the construction of my setup but it is mostly professional...lol. I have a little bit of head forming. I don't know if I will have much due to the Squid and the Alaska fish fertz but I'm not too worried about it. I might try making the brew next time without those ingredients. I still have a lot to learn so I'm just diving in and letting my plants tell me if it's working.

This is before the tea bag was even put in (which contained the grass/roots, compost and Pro-Mix) You can see the Oxygen in the backround
GardenPics081.jpg

This is a view of the pump I bought last night because the one I had wasn't cutting the mustard. I have the one pump fixed to the side of the bucket but I didn't have time to put the other one on there. The water was already in the bucket. (diffusing the chlorine)
GardenPics082.jpg

I've got a cardboard lid for the top with a 2x2 that goes across the top with a hole in it. The tea bag is strung through and wrapped around the 2x2. I have the hose from one of the pumps going right into the top of the tea bag....well I hope it stayed there. That is one of the design flaws I have to remedy. It's been bubbling since 11:30pm last night. I haven't decided whether I will use it in a few hours or let it go until tomorrow afternoon. Either way. I'm excited to feed it to my soil.
GardenPics083.jpg

Looks tasty man! For the soil that is. Peppers gonna luv u! I say let it brew and see what you get foam wise. Remember what you say patience is key my friend.

I would, but foam is not a key component of my Brew. I want a bacteria tea and I've read that when you leave it longer it turns to a fungal tea. I think this is if you have the fungi present in the first place but I don't really know what I have in mine lol. The oils will keep much of a head if any from forming, even if I do leave it. That's my hypothesis anyway. Patience is a virtue though.

I've heard that it was the fungi that was first, then the bacteria, but I'll have to double check it. Looks like a solid set up you have there. Now usually you have a clever name for your stuff, so what is it for this one? You set the bar high right off with "plant hollywood" so don't disappoint.

That's weird, I've read in numerious articles on the subject that the Bacteria grows exponentially faster than the fungi and this is the reason that people give the fungi a head start by for example: crushing up oats, mixing it with compost for a couple days until fungi is visible and then starting their tea. Maybe I misunderstood something. I'm going to have to go and read it again.

Hello Boys and Girls, today is a glorious day!.......well no really it's same shit different pile..BUT..we have finally received our first real down pour in over a month. So I thank the heavens for that and will get out my cowhide, face paint and rain stick as to summon some more of that beautiful water in the sky.

My plants are starting to crowd each other at my house...which is good...just makes for checking them out and harvesting a little bit more difficult. I think I'm going make a raised bed next year 3ft tall, so that way I don't have to bend my ass over to pluck the juicy pods....(Yes I'm that lazy, leave a man be will ya...not always but today is a sloth type of day)

My cherry hots, which were the first to start blooming are in good order, the first ones to start ripening. I've got one deadly T.S. Moruga just barely starting to show some color. It's all starting to come together. My BrainStrains are starting to pod up as well. I think they will be heavy producers once they get going. These first pods sure do take a long time to ripen up. I'll be in heaven once they start really pushing out some pods like it's the beginning of the industrial revolution....

This first year of growing has given me more knowledge than I ever could have thought to have come across and opened my eyes up to so many different things. I've become a better cook, started making my own hot sauces, tried more types of peppers that I didn't even know existed.....everyone here has taught me so much about growing peppers, AACT's, organic growing....I've received so many generous offers from great people. Most of all I've made a lot of new friends....awesome friends, good people...people that offer you their arm if they only had one left.....hahahaha...maybe not but hey I wouldn't doubt it!! All you guys are a blessing to have met and bullshit with on a daily basis. Once I get mobile I'm going to come find you! lol...thanks for sharing what you have and what you know with me...it is much appreciated 10 times over.

Speaking of good peoples! "ThePepperGrowingMan" has sent me two nice shakers of flakes. One titled "It Burns" and another titled "Giant Red Bhut" I had them with lunch and dinner tonight. They tasted real good, they look to have been dried at the right temperature. Low and slow baby! Not like those black dried pods that come from india! YUCK...anyways. He has a cool little site "ThePepperSeed.com" Has a bunch of links to quality vendors and a grow log of sorts. Very cool indeed. Thank you so very much for the flakes Jeremy. I'm about to post pics of those Yellow Bhuts, they are almost ripe! I will have seeds for you soon.

Ok guys here are some pics for you. I'm in love with the Yellow Bhuts that are ripening, they look so wicked. I just watered and foliar fed with my AACT yesterday, so we will see how the garden likes it. I made 10 gallons and it didn't even make it through the whole garden....looks like I'll be on shit duty for awhile. Which is great....shit duty is great...hahahaha. I know it's not really shit but that still sounds funny.

My little Brains! They are popping up all over this plant. One other plant has set a few too. Now if the other 5 plants would just fall in line!
GardenPics093.jpg

GardenPics091.jpg

This big turd is starting to turn (ancient sweet) "Sure guy, just take your "sweet" time...it's been that size and green for a month or more...lol
GardenPics090.jpg

Look at this beautiful pumpkin vine! I love it! Can't wait until we start getting some ginormeous pumpkins!
GardenPics089.jpg

This is the plant that is starting to throw a bunch of BrainStrain pods. It is a beauty. I have high hopes for it. I believe this one will be overwintered. Thanks for the seeds Cappy!
GardenPics088.jpg

A mini harvest of some tasty peppers. (White Bullet Habs, Red Fatalii's? (they were supposed to be yellow fatalii's) what do you guys think? some stunted Naga Morich pods, and a small banana shaped Yellow Bhut) The WB's are starting to throw hundreds of pods on each plant.
GardenPics084.jpg

This is a small Naga Morich, stunted but starting to take on the proper form!
GardenPics085.jpg

And now for the lovely little wickeds
GardenPics087.jpg

GardenPics086.jpg

These are the shakers I received from ThePepperGrowingMan. Awesome!
GardenPics092.jpg

Until next time, keep the torch burning and never give up the good fight!

Dude looking great bro! How about this weather hey :dance: Finally a measurable amount of rain and nice temps. It seems like every flower is catching on my plants. Nice harvest there bro! Please send the ripening gods my way! :high:

Maniacal! Always an enjoyable read. Glad to see you folks are getting some rain. You will see things take a positive turn in the next couple days. The sporadic and dwarf pods will start to ripen on a daily basis. Good growing,and I don't think you need me to remind you... KUTGF

Plants are looking good and glad you received the flakes. "It burns" is a mix of red bhut and caribbean red, the other is just red bhut. I typically dehydrate them at about 105 for 3 - 4 days or however long it takes. No brown mystery peppers from India coming from here ! :-) Nice we finally got some rain huh? I think my plants grew 2 inches overnight.

Dude looking great bro! How about this weather hey :dance: Finally a measurable amount of rain and nice temps. It seems like every flower is catching on my plants. Nice harvest there bro! Please send the ripening gods my way! :high:

Thank you Sir! The weather is still too hot for ideal pod production but my plants are making it happen. We might get some more rain down here tonight! Hell yeah! It's supposed to be coming from the north (which is you lol) hopefully you are getting some good rain today? I will chant for you in my rain dance and send some good spirits your way.... :onfire:

Maniacal! Always an enjoyable read. Glad to see you folks are getting some rain. You will see things take a positive turn in the next couple days. The sporadic and dwarf pods will start to ripen on a daily basis. Good growing,and I don't think you need me to remind you... KUTGF

I'm keepin' on keepin' on P-Son. Thanks for the well wishes. The plants loved the rain and if we could get some more, I have high hopes for our garden yet. I don't know if we will get all to many big harvests but I think at the end of the season our last harvest will be nice. My Naga Morich that have been dwarfed are getting bigger and more of a proper shape to them. I'm gonna swing by your glog here in a minute and see how things are rolling in your neck of the woods.

Plants are looking good and glad you received the flakes. "It burns" is a mix of red bhut and caribbean red, the other is just red bhut. I typically dehydrate them at about 105 for 3 - 4 days or however long it takes. No brown mystery peppers from India coming from here ! :-) Nice we finally got some rain huh? I think my plants grew 2 inches overnight.

Well, they are tasty, tasty goodness. Yes the rain is sweet, hope we get some more tonight. My plants seem to have grown measurably since then as well. Rain is better than city water I guess lol.

UPDATESKI TIME: Here's some pics from both gardens. The yellow Bhut ripened all the way as well as a few others. It's nice to pick a handful of peppers but it will be nicer to pick a basket full! Soon enough.

I'm going out to get a few things to make another AACT. We only hit half the garden last time. Wish you could store the stuff, I'd make 100 gallons of it.

Everything is still growing well and the BrainStrain pods are doubling in size each day! Stoked.

Tepin with some foliar feed residue.
GardenPics103.jpg

Hot Lemon that was yellow but tasted a little green. Will have to leave these on a few days longer next time.
GardenPics102.jpg

Mr. CGN-21500 is finally podding up like a big boy! These pods are going to be real cool when they mature.
GardenPics101.jpg

Here's that Yellow Bhut all ready to go....now it is time to dissect and eat (minus the great DNA I will be taking in the form of seeds)
GardenPics100.jpg

Here's my garden at home. It is a three ring circus in there now! Time to send in the small nephew to get them peppers....hahahahaha.
GardenPics099.jpg

Wild Brazil Flower
GardenPics098.jpg

Green Bell Pepper Flower
GardenPics097.jpg

Pepper Pot Luck doing well.
GardenPics095.jpg

GardenPics094.jpg

Even some of the ground cover I planted in the PPL is coming in. I have no idea what will become of it but it's growing!
GardenPics096.jpg

Those Yellow Bhuts look crazy man. Those would be nice pickled in vinegar or bottled and oil infused with some similar shaped Naga Morich's

Hey, .6! Your grow is ever more amazing; you are really
getting it on with the pods. They will be absolutely nuts over
your tea! Hope all is well at your end of the world!

Thanks guys. Somehow, someway (I'm going to assume a squirrel because we have 4ft chicken wire up and it's still intact) an animal got into our garden and ate our very first pod. It was an ancient sweet and it had just started to ripen after waiting over 2 months for the thing.....grrrr. Bastards. They also ate one of the remaining two Yellow Bhuts....that SOB better be hurting somewhere in a tree after that. My buddy went out to check the garden the other day and saw the peppers laying on the ground, chewed up. Oh well....it could be worse.

I've got my first ripe pepper of the season (from my house) It's an innocent little cherry hot...lol. I need these peppers to start ripening so I can actually do something with these peppers. Some will go into sauce, others will be eaten fresh, some will be sold and some will be given away. Oh and a lot will be powdered as well.

My garden at home is getting so overcrowded it is going to be a PITA to harvest. I'm going to look at that as a good thing this year and plan to give the garden some room next year.

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE!

GardenPics104.jpg

This is for you MEZO
855a94fa.jpg

I was at a new local food joint called Epic Deli and they had HeartBreakingDawn's hot sauce for sale AND they had "Epic Hushpuppies" which were made with Ghost pepper mash and HBD's Habanero Mash.....but their fryer was down, so I did not get to try them out....otherwise the food was awesome. I will be going back soon to see just how EPIC these hushpuppies are....
fbe521fe.jpg

51757e86.jpg

Back