Peruvian Food

Here are some photos of foods that I eat when I go to Peru. The food is just specatular there with everything being fresh and all. The pics are from my In-Law's table. Its difficult to find alot of the ingredients here in the US to make alot of these dishes so when I go for a visit I eat all the time LOL. Aji is usually served with all dishes there so if any of you all visit Peru you will be in heaven haha

This is cebeche which is fish and is a common dish along the coast of Peru. With some Aji Rocoto it gets really good:hell:

This is Sudado de Pescado. Pescado is fish. It is another common dish in Peru.
[/QUOTE]

This is Sanconchado. This is good stuff!!!
6jn50ns.jpg

Omri said:
I don't understand, what are the ingredients you can't find at the states?
You will have to ask my wife that. There are some of the seasoning for example that we cant figure what it is called in English. One ingredient is called AJI NO MOTO which looks like salt and I have never seen it up here however I dont know what to call it in English lol

Dude, i havent had cebeche in years. I LOVE that stuff. I wish i could find a Peruvian restaurant around here.

Omri said:
Anything else? :rolleyes:
Wait until I get home tonight and I'll get my wife to give some input on this. She is the chef of the family. I just grow it and eat it LOL
I do alot of grilling however :shocked:

Sickmont said:
Dude, i havent had cebeche in years. I LOVE that stuff. I wish i could find a Peruvian restaurant around here.
Ceviche is REALLY easy to make, you just need fresh ingredients. I love it, too!
BrianS said:
Wait until I get home tonight and I'll get my wife to give some input on this. She is the chef of the family. I just grow it and eat it LOL
I do alot of grilling however :shocked:
Sounds great... I need to get myself one of those. :rolleyes:

Sickmont said:

Your lucky to find a good resturaunt period where I live which is out tin the boonies.
We are actually considering starting a Peruvian restaurant in one of these local towns someday.

Omri said:
Ceviche is REALLY easy to make, you just need fresh ingredients. I love it, too!
They use a seaweed type stuff in the cebeche that we cant get around here. We made it once here with some fish I caught in the river but it wasnt as good as what you get there

Sounds great... I need to get myself one of those. :rolleyes:
Well get a Latina girl! You will eat very well:whistle:

BrianS said:
They use a seaweed type stuff in the cebeche that we cant get around here. We made it once here with some fish I caught in the river but it wasnt as good as what you get there
The most important thing IMO is using a FRESH salt water fish, NO FRESH WATER! next thing is using FRESH LEMON juice (not lime and FRESH). now all you need is some nice young onions and herbs. from my experience, the original herbs are usually two types of Cilantro, not sure exactly what type so I use my own. besides that... you can do whatever you want! can add chiles and stuff. :rolleyes:

BTW, Cilantro + Lemon juice might look like some kind of seaweed.
BrianS said:
Well get a Latina girl! You will eat very well:whistle:
They're hard to find here. :shocked:

BrianS said:

Last time i had it(1998), it was home-made by my friend Keith's mother-in-law(who literally had just arrived in this country like 3 weeks earlier) and he explained that there was one ingredient that was hard to get here that she brought some with her. What it was, i couldn't even begin to remember.

Omri said:
The most important thing IMO is using a FRESH salt water fish, NO FRESH WATER! next thing is using FRESH LEMON juice (not lime and FRESH). now all you need is some nice young onions and herbs. from my experience, the original herbs are usually two types of Cilantro, not sure exactly what type so I use my own. besides that... you can do whatever you want! can add chiles and stuff. :rolleyes:
Down there in Peru they dont use lemon, they use lime :shocked:

BTW, Cilantro + Lemon juice might look like some kind of seaweed
That wasnt cilantro, it was seaweed I promise you that. I know what cilantro is because I grow it. My wife even said it came from the ocean

They're hard to find here. :lol:
Probably so in your part of the world. I met mine in Peru

BrianS said:
Down there in Peru they dont use lemon, they use lime :shocked:
But Lemon tastes better. :lol:
BrianS said:
That wasnt cilantro, it was seaweed I promise you that. I know what cilantro is because I grow it. My wife even said it came from the ocean
Now that's just weird... don't think I've had it before. it does taste nice with Asian Cilantro. :lol:
BrianS said:
Probably so in your part of the world. I met mine in Peru
What about Argentinians? there's lots of them here. :rolleyes:

Sorry! lol, I vote lime!

Actually I use both, but definitely some lime.

We get the roasted and dried seaweed here that you use for sushi rolls, I guess you could rehydrate it.

cheezydemon said:
Sorry! lol, I vote lime!

Actually I use both, but definitely some lime.

We get the roasted and dried seaweed here that you use for sushi rolls, I guess you could rehydrate it.
I know what you're talking about, and I doubt it's the same thing.

Omri said:
But Lemon tastes better. :lol:
I dunno about that,never had it with lemon myself but I can say what they fix in Peru is delightfully good :)

Now that's just weird... don't think I've had it before. it does taste nice with Asian Cilantro.
They actually use cilantro in the cebeche but they use this seaweed too. My wife says it is called lluyo, she is not positive about the spelling.

What about Argentinians? there's lots of them here.
There you go! If I were single like you I would be trying to impress a Senorita de Argentina!:)

Omri said:
I know what you're talking about, and I doubt it's the same thing.
No its not the same. I have seen what you are talking about :). Not sure what its called but I have seen it. If you look real close in the cebeche pic I posted you will see it. Its that dark green stuff

omri,
my wife says the celery here is much different than in Peru and the red onions are different. She did say the cilantro I grew in the garden was the same as what they have in Peru. I am considering to try it again with some salt water fish just to see if it does make a difference. The fish wont be as fresh since we live a loooong way from the ocean but I am all for giving it a another shot as long as my wife agrees :lol:

Back