chinense Peruvian White Habanero...Color? Uses? Photos

I've seen photos of these habs where the pods were almost pearl white, others where they were creme colored, others yellowish.
Do you use these the same as the orange habs?

Here's mine.  Besides a few that are still a little green, are these ready to be picked?

You can pick them now. They get snow white for sure if they are the Peruvian white habs. They make awesome powder and are hotter than a normal hab. Yours almost look like white bullet habs and seem a tab different than mine below.

Couldn't find a good picture from last season but here is one.

218583_474395342594197_490928861_o.jpg

Try this.

Some mahatma yellow rice (saffron rice)
Some pork
Some tomato
Some bell pepper
Some onion
Some salty seasoning
Some of those peppers

All in a pot. You choose the amounts of it all.

Awesome. Make it all the time with habs.

They look ripe. Your right about the varying whiteness to light yellow. My look like those when ripe. And mine keep pumping out pods. Great little plant/pods.
Use them like any hab. Taste much better that a orange hab in my opinion.
I also have jellybean white habs. I think they are more like the yucatán white habs. They are smaller and have a bit more of the same flavor and are a bit hotter too.
I love them both.

The only one I've eaten so far was a small unripe one. Tasted just like an orange hab to me, not quite as hot since it was a preemie. But yeah, I'd say use them the same as orange habs. My little white hab plant is just starting to wake up and pop out little jellybeans. Haven't got a ripe one yet to see how white it will actually get, but I'm with Chris J on this one. Yours look ready to go.

Mine ripened to a pale yellow.... had a stronger lemony scent and taste than orange habs. Ive used them in place of orange habs in sauces with great results....

rhm3769 said:
Mine ripened to a pale yellow.... had a stronger lemony scent and taste than orange habs. Ive used them in place of orange habs in sauces with great results....
What was the origin of the strain you grew?

The strain I grew produced pods that had no citrus hint and were nasty taste wise grown in my particular conditions.

Supposedly Peruvian white.... a buddy of mine bought them from some company on amazon that has a lot of complaints on either bad germination rates or wrong seed, yet I had no problem with them.... they looked similar to the ones in the pics above from jhp, mine were just a tad more of a pale yellow....

Plus I have some from pepperjoe and he claims his are of peruvian origin and the one plant from his seed I grew last year, I started it too late in the time I had left in Okinawa so I only got to see one pod on it, and it developed similar to my other white habs. Didnt get to taste that pod alone, it got mixed in with my other pods for a sauce.

I've been growing White Lighting Habaneros for the past few years.  Mine tend to have a light citrus flavour to them alongside hab+ heat levels depending on the pod.  The pods start out green, ripen towards a pale yellow and finally go to an ivory stage if they are shaded sufficiently.  Pods that ripen in full-sun tend to stay more towards the yellow colour.

67qtxe.jpg

Here are some pods early in the season, not fully ripened.

3142z5c.jpg

Although the camera doesn't do it justice, you can see some variation in the ivory-to-yellow ranges for this harvest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9glGiNMkZDY

I sent some pods to Pex for his video review.

Back