pests Pesticides I do not want too but...

Man I'm having a hard time this year with Earwigs eating away at my leaves, I have Neemed the crap out of them it's slowed them down but I cant plant anything in my raised beds with out the tearing up any new seedling, I ripped up all weed cloth, Neem Neem Neem and used diatomaceous earth, 

Is there any Pesticide I could safely consider one that works "that is" I want to nip it in the bud before I get pods on my plants.

Or should I just continue with the Neem once a week I hear it takes a while to work.

How do you water your plants? Do you use mulch? How wet does the soil stay? How wet does your foliage stay after rain or dew? Lots of things to consider here.
     The only think I've found to permanently get rid of those bastiges is making the area dry out and allowing more sunlight in. Make it a hostile environment and they'll move out.

insecticidal soap
neem oil
azamax (a concentrated compound from neem, maybe more/less/same effectiveness as neem(do research))
SNS-203

are all organic / food safe

Most bug bombs contain pyrethrin insecticides that are short lived but effective.  Bombs are designed to produce a fine mist, which is IMO much better for treating a plant.

If possible, snip the locking tab that holds the nozzle open, or depress just far enough to open the valve.

Hold the bomb some distance away and allow a light fog to engulf the plant.  You don't want to get close to wetting the leaves.

Do this in the evening and leave the treated plant out as usual.  The bugs should have a nice surprise in store.

Repeat if needed, and slowly ramp up the dose if required.  It's best to start off too light since too much spray can harm the plant.

Gargoyle91 said:
Man I'm having a hard time this year with Earwigs eating away at my leaves, I have Neemed the crap out of them it's slowed them down but I cant plant anything in my raised beds with out the tearing up any new seedling, I ripped up all weed cloth, Neem Neem Neem and used diatomaceous earth, 

Is there any Pesticide I could safely consider one that works "that is" I want to nip it in the bud before I get pods on my plants.

Or should I just continue with the Neem once a week I hear it takes a while to work.

I would try planet natural.The website has a whole list of beneficial and harmful insect and critters.They have a couple of products for earwigs not tooexpensive at all and I believe these are not NEEM BASED so I have to think neem doesn't work too well on these pests.Good luck.

Back