• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Petrac 2020

So, last year growing season was a blast for me. I hope this year it wont be much different. I ordered seeds from 2 different companies, one pacage arrived this week. First four in the list are now in the soil. I had to stop myself from ordering more seeds..Its just so addictive looking through all this stuff..

Seed list:

Chocolate Habaneros (seeds from last year)
Hungarian hot wax (gift seeds)
Bhutlah chocolate
Mulato isleno
Serrano del sol
Ring of fire
Brazilian starfish
Lemon drop
Carolina reaper
Brown Rocotto

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,083
Tybo said:
I planted 3 superhots this year.  The Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.
The reapers have already sprouted but no sign of the other two yet.
Where did you get Primo's seeds from? I tried to purchase them from Troy Primo himself, buy they're out of stock for months now...

Thanks man, but I will skip this strain this year - I have chosen carolinas instead of primos..and probably postage would be quite expensive to Europe.

I post to Europe at the cost of only $1.20 with USPS's Global Forever stamp.  It's really cheap and to many locations takes only about 7-10 days.  Using a normal envelope with just a single sheet of bubble wrap I can easily send over a dozen small bags of seeds without damage or issue. 

It's really easy and affordable and most (most) countries seem to have pretty good mail service.

Good luck with your grow this year, Petrac!

Status update:

All strains have sprouted, most of them around 80-90% germination, except that chocolate bhutlah with only 2 sprouted seeds so far. Ring of fire, Hungarian hot wax and Mulato isleno are already transplanted into sigle 6x6x6,5cm pots in which they will be untill transplanting into garden/pots (the strongest plant always goes into pot). 

I have slept abit on this forum..my job is taking alot of my time and i have my plants 100km away from me at my parents... Most of them is doing good, but those two i cared most of ended out the worst...Chocolate bhutlah from pepperseeds.eu - 2/11 seeds and brown rocoto from semmilas la palma 3/11...rest of them is doing fine.

I dont want to say that either of this seed banks are bad....from semmilas this is the only strain that i have problems with....and from pepperseeds, i cant say anything since i did not ordered enough to judge.

PS: I finally got an answer from Troy Primo about 90 days after I sent a mail to him about original 7 pot primo seeds...so far it looks like I gonna recieve them. but they will have to wait for next year, since here in Slovenia its almost spring...

Have a nice day all fellow growers!

Petrač

Sorry all for being absent for so long. Due to all this Coronavirus and all I'm not allowed to go visit my parents, therefore i was not in contact with my plants for along time. Yesterday i recieved a photo of them. They're growing slow due to lack of hot weather and sun..nevertheless, they atleast are not stretching and are in perfect health.

I hope you guys are all safe and healthy.

Stay inside.

Attachments

• Zajeta slika.PNG
    Zajeta slika.PNG
    509 KB · Views: 75
Hey, Miha, welcome to the new normal, at least for awhile!

Glad to see you are staying healthy and that your plants are
doing well in your absence. Maybe you will able to get out
and do the plant-out when the time comes.

I hope your parents are well and stay that way, and that you
are able to stay safe on your job.

Thanks! Yea, we are doing fine so far, which is  a bit weird since we live nearby Italy, where is total chaos these days. Here in slovenia thins are far better then in most countries. For now.
I think i'll manage to do the plant-out, since here we plant out the middle of May. You guys in America are at the beginning of this virus pandemic. I hope you guys will do what must be done.

We are trying, despite the lack of real leadership in
the White House. Our president has surrounded
himself with political yes-men and got rid of career
professionals in many critical agencies. What a toad.

We’ll get through because most state governors are
taking this seriously. I worry most about the rural
areas of the country since they don’t really have a
robust health care system.

Hello again fellow spicy growers. This CoVid 19 and my new job kinda distanced me from my peppers. Fortunalty, my mom is willing to water them and fertilize them from time to time while i was gone - untill this weekend. Travel between municipalities was unbanned and i was able to visit my parents and my plants. They're all are doing good, not aswell as they would do with my constant presence, but i cant complain, since they're doing me a big favoure.
Long story short. All sprouted peppers are alive and healthy, lemon drop is somehow looking the worst of them all, dont know why, but they're really small. On the other hand, mulato isleno, brazillian starfish and Hungarian hot wax are crazy..they are growing strong and cant wait to be planed to the groud, which will happen in about 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the weather here in mountin parts of Slovenia.

I also purchased epsom salt with additional elements as fertilizer this year. Unfortunatly i did not managed to get horse manure as fertilizer since i was absent for too long. Here in the picture are plants getting used to direct sun infront of my parents house. Its not many of them, but they will take care for me and my friends in needs of fiery BBQ and cold winter days.

Attachments

• rsz_1img_20200503_112608.jpg
    rsz_1img_20200503_112608.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 68
PaulG said:
The plants look ready for plant-out, alright, Miha!

Kudos to Mom for taking care of them for you!

True. I'm truly gratefull she is willing to look after my plants. For next year i have planned something else. I have changed my job, now i work as a project manager in a lightning business. Luckily, one of our suppliers produces linear growing lights, so I might be able to get a few high quality LED lamps for a very low price or even for free. If this works out, next year i will buy a rack with a few levels and put it in a room where they will not disturbe anyone and it will significantly reduce the ammount of work. Plants will be provided with artificial light, they will be placed in a large trays, so no need to water a bunch of smaller trays around the house, I will be able to sprout seeds under light and heating and what is most important, windowsills will be free and they will be able to open windows :D :D. And when the time comes to harden the plants, i will be able to practicly roll out the entire rack of plants.

That sounds like a great plan, Miha.

Good luck with your new job. I am interested
to see what kind of set-up you end up with;
your grow will be so much easier to take care of.

Finally I managed to plant my pepper plants into the ground and like always, one plant of each type goes into the pot. After all the plants i gave away I endwed up with total of 86 plants. In general they all look well, but Carolina looks like burned or i dont know what. I also planted all sweet peppers, basil, eggplants and tomatoes into the greenhouse. This year I choose tomatoes more specificly - San marzano, roma and reisentraube. We have a few rainy and colder days ahead of us, but i dont think it will efect on the plants much.

Attachments

• rsz_1img_20200523_142810.jpg
    rsz_1img_20200523_142810.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 72
  • rsz_img_20200524_132019.jpg
    rsz_img_20200524_132019.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 69
  • rsz_img_20200524_142911.jpg
    rsz_img_20200524_142911.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 71
Greetings all!

Its over a month since my last post, but unfortunatly there isn't much change in the garden. We had alot of rain and unusualy low temperatures for this time of year, so all outdoor plants that require sun and heat are very small - only Carolina reaper in almost dead, it looks like i got bad seeds. In the greenhouse its different story. All San marzano plants tomatoes are already as tall as the greenhouse, others are about 40cm shorter, but they will get there.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    263 KB · Views: 67
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 62
Back