vendor Pex Peppers over charge on shipping!

This was deleted by me and then retyped to the best of my memory.

Ok so I placed an order with Pex Peppers  on June 19 2015. It just arrived today. It came in a Priority mail flat rate padded envelope. I was a little confused since I paid $10.72 to have it shipped. I verified that the shipping cost was $5.70 . This was done by contacting my Post Mistress and she looked it up via the tracking number.  So I paid an additional cost of $5.02 . Talk about over charging for shipping.

I had always heard great things about his sauce and had planned on ordering from him someday. Then a while ago he made a shady deal With Baker. In order for him to get some peppers he had to come on THP and say nice things about Douche Bag Dale. So at that point I decided that I would never order from him no mater how tasty his sauces were.

Then he has a sale on his sauces and I think what the heck I'll try some at that price even though I thought he was a shady person at this point. So now I think that with the over inflated shipping costs the sauce3s weren't really on sale after all. I should have listened to my instincts and not ordered from him. My opinion is that he is a shady individual  due to the fact of his questionable business dealings with DB and the shipping charges are inflated.

I won't ever order from him again. Congratulations you are on the list with Baker and Pepper Joe.

pexorder.jpg
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG

Could it be Shipping & Handling? Tape (unless you are at the PO), interior packing supplies so the bottles do not break, and labor are not free. No business is going to lose money shipping. They have to factor those costs in.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     So there's no possibility this was a mistake?
Maybe? I doubt it. If it did it to me I'm sure it did it to everyone. I was just documenting what happened to me and my feelings about it.

The Hot Pepper said:
Could it be Shipping & Handling? Tape (unless you are at the PO), interior packing supplies so the bottles do not break, and labor are not free. No business is going to lose money shipping. They have to factor those costs in.
The invoice said "Shipping" not "shipping and handling". I did not not factor in handling since it was never mentioned. Plus I thought businesses figured the packaging as part of their costs. Since apparently he only does online sales I figured he would have taken packaging costs in to account.

someguy said:
The invoice said "Shipping" not "shipping and handling". I did not not factor in handling since it was never mentioned.

Same thing. Call it a shipping cost if you want. That's HIS shipping cost to you. If you are going to compare the rates set by online stores and UPS, FedEx, USPS, you're going to find the same thing. There are costs involved in shipping.

If you feel it is inflated that's another issue, but I would not expect him to lose money shipping. 

Perhaps Pex should get the benefit of the doubt here someguy, or at the very least a PM with questions about the issue before a slam post.  I've dealt with Pex going on a couple years now and he's always been kind and cool if there was ever an issue.  Take it to a PM and I'm sure it will get handled.

Just my 2 cents.  :)

I cannot speak to what occurred but knowing carts and stores very well in the online world it could be a very simple misconfiguration. I went to a direct API from USPS to help avoid shipping cost issues at flat rates but to the boss's point, you need to make sure you have a setting...for me weight to kick in for the packaging. The only exception I have, not speaking for PEX is when I give the option at checkout for SFRB. Direct integration to shipping companies helps these types of issues and avoids the exact feeling you currently have today.

Again not speaking for PEX but many people try to run their own shops without understanding all the low level details of the cart system. 

It does look a bit inflated so I understand. I just wanted to put it out there that shipping has other costs involved. This should have been seen in the cart before you pad as well.

I'm sure Pex will have an answer soon.

The Hot Pepper said:
It does look a bit inflated so I understand. I just wanted to put it out there that shipping has other costs involved. This should have been seen in the cart before you pad as well.

I'm sure Pex will have an answer soon.
I think his point was he saw it in the cart and would not have created this thread if that was close to the shipping cost paid. Again not bashing Pex but if I charged for a MFRB and shipped in a SFRB that would be bad business on my part. 

I was trying to play devil's advocate too early, didn't want it to blow up. It does look like a valid concern. I suggest the post be put back.

I was looking back on some old receipts and on June 7 I ordered three sauces and the shipping was $5.84. That is $1.52 more than my order on June 19 BUT there is a nifty little three compartment hot sauce box in there that I'm sure wasn't free. I'm actually reusing the one that I got today to ship something of my own to someone.

I missed the post, so I am not sure of the facts, but from everything I have heard Pex is an alright guy. I've spoken to a lot of folks who purchase from him. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation here and I would contact him and get an answer before posting a slam page. Mistakes happen and unless he pulls a D.B., I would go easy on him.

TNRedit: Ok, I see your re-typed post. I would contact him first and see what's up before jumping to any conclusions. Take a deep breath, have a smoke and everything will be fine.

SmokenFire said:
Perhaps Pex should get the benefit of the doubt here someguy, or at the very least a PM with questions about the issue before a slam post.  I've dealt with Pex going on a couple years now and he's always been kind and cool if there was ever an issue.  Take it to a PM and I'm sure it will get handled.

Just my 2 cents.   :)
I don't need it handled. This post is about my experience and feelings about this transaction. It is what it is. Plus his shady deals with Baker makes me question his integrity in general. 

Back