PexPeppers Chocolate Surprise Superhot F1 hybrid

Heres another new hybrid from PexPeppers. Thanks Garrett! 

Another semi blind-tasting. The makeup of this hybrid wasn`t disclosed to me. As soon as the pod was cut open an extremely pungent aroma enveloped me. My eyes watered and the initial aroma was definitely very like a 7-pot Douglah, with some sweetness and floral notes. 

The flavor was also very Douglah-like, but nowhere near as strong as a full-on Douglah. There was also significantly more sweetness than with any Douglah I`ve ever eaten. The flavor was slightly floral, perfume and a tiny bit bitter, none of which are bad things at all. The over-riding flavor was a general hint of sweetness. The aftertaste was very like a Chocolate Habanero, remarkably so. 

The heat came on a little slowly, but was very up front and powerful. A superhot pod in my opinion, but only just. The heat threatened and threatened, without ever really taking off to the levels of some recent pods I`ve eaten. I didn`t really get much of an endorphin rush, either.

A very very hot pod, but tolerable. My guess would be 7-pot Douglah x Chocolate Habanero. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqopHtcV2Y&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

That looks like something right up my alley. Seems like a toned-down Douglah. I'm a huge fan of chocolate superhots. Being only an F1, are there any seeds available? Great review, Nigel! I always enjoy watching your reviews. You are very thorough.

Bhuter said:
That looks like something right up my alley. Seems like a toned-down Douglah. I'm a huge fan of chocolate superhots. Being only an F1, are there any seeds available? Great review, Nigel! I always enjoy watching your reviews. You are very thorough.
Give PexPeppers a PM and ask Garrett.

After only hours of being kicked by that Brainstrain / Reaper Cross your back with this review? Amazing, and what a great detailed review you gave on this one. Good job Nigel.

jb_orchidguy said:
Wow you guys that do these super hot reviews. Wow. Do you ever get desensitized to the cap in the pods?
If you eat them one after the other, yes you get desensitized quickly (but not in the stomach!!!). I try not to do more than one superhot per day, to allow my senses to recover and give fair chance to each pod. 

If you eat them one after the other, yes you get desensitized quickly (but not in the stomach!!!). I try not to do more than one superhot per day, to allow my senses to recover and give fair chance to each pod. 

Was referring to over time building up a tolerance to the cap. I've been eating orange habs and then today the red and green hot sauces at the Mexican restaurant didn't seem as hot as they once had been. I want to be able to handle the super hots like the pros. ;-)

jb_orchidguy said:
Was referring to over time building up a tolerance to the cap. I've been eating orange habs and then today the red and green hot sauces at the Mexican restaurant didn't seem as hot as they once had been. I want to be able to handle the super hots like the pros. ;-)
Yes, you build a tolerance over time, to an extent. The higher up the ladder you start the faster it goes, but the more it hurts  :P

When it hurts, just ride it out without reaching for anything to help. I guarantee that 100% of the time the pain and burning will end, eventually.  Take your time and have fun. Of course, if fun to you is taking on a Bhut, then go for it. First one I ever had freaked me out. I had no idea something that hot existed, then I got it in my eye. Talk about panic!!!

Back