• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

PexPeppers Hornet Bomb

There was an old thread on this product from back in 2012, but it sorta blew up and went off course. Also the ingredients have changed every so slightly; Wild Flower Honey now instead of Buckwheat Honey then. Without further ado...

Finally got around to trying this tonight, and it is really tasty. Very fruity, very sweet, minimal vinegar, and I could just barely detect the lime; I think a little more lime would have been great. Great consistency, not too thick but not runny; definitely great for dipping or slathering on. Heat was nice--maybe say a 6 out of 10--and sorta creeps up on you and lingers every so slightly.

48B6FCn.jpg

It reminded me of Thai sweet chilli sauce minus the fish sauce and garlic. And with that in mind, I used it with eggrolls for dinner tonight and it was an almost perfect fit; for what I paired it with, garlic would have rounded it out perfectly. Would probably go well as a salad dressing too, perhaps something with cilantro maybe. Overall a fantastic tasting and I think very versatile sauce. Go get some!

Back