• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PH down a few points

Gonna be potting up today into 5 gallon pots experimenting with a mix that I hope to use as it comes at a price of $46 a yard. The issue is that's it's PH runs between 7 - 7.1. What should I use to amend it today to bring the PH down a few points. Something safe. I've heard of coffe grounds but am thinking there must be something better.

Wow, you're going into 5-gal pots!? My starts haven't even begun to fill their little 3- and 4-inch
pots. You must have green opposable thumbs, my man!

I'm going to search this out.

Here's one link:

http://hubcap.clemso...t/acidity2.html

And:

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/71816-how-can-i-raise-lower-ph-my-soil-mix.html

Wow, you're going into 5-gal pots!? My starts haven't even begun to fill their little 3- and 4-inch
pots. You must have green opposable thumbs, my man!

I'm going to search this out.

5 gallon nursery pots .. I think they are really like 3.9 gallons

That's still pretty impressive!

Thanks but you give me too much credit I started these seeds Dec 10. And they are out growing their 1 gallon pots. Here they are.

IMG_6430.jpg

Those are great plants - you have a lot of courage to start on Dec 10!
I started germinating on 1/22- but I don't know if my plants are going
to look like that even in 6 more weeks! Good work!

[quote name='Spankyscolts' timestamp='1330198570' post='575620']
What kind of lights do you use?
[/quote]

Nothing too special. 4x 4ft: GE F-40 "Full Spectrum", 40W, 5000K, 2250 lumens.

My grow table is 8 sq. feet, so I'm getting 1125 lumens per ft[sup]2[/sup]. Probably marginal,
but it is what it is! I don't see investing in any trick light source w/o a good grow closet
or space. Having this in the garage really cramps my style, tool man wise :confused: but at
least I have a little space, and my greenhouse :) for which I am thankful.

How about aluminum sulfate ?

So far I've been right at 7 and have had no problems. I thought about taking it down but they looked so good.

you dont really need to drop it unless you want to. But the prefered ph for pepper growing is a bit acidic. 5.8-6.5 range most growers prefer 6. But as long as its not over 7 and the ph is balanced you should be fine

Back