• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pH

Another thread that has been posted many times before.....

I did a pH test on my pots, reckon it a neutral 7, which makes sense as they receive mainly tap water.
So I figure it would be good to drop the pH 1 notch to make it a tad more acidic. pH 6 is the ideal no?

I have upward leaf curl on some plants which doesnt seem to be going away. Maybe the pH is denying them some nutrients (calcium) ? It seems im doing everything OK, but now i know the pH could do with a slight adjustment.

So what would be the method of choice?
Ive read through many a thread like this, but would like to hear what people would use.

Would some white vinegar in the water do the trick?

try aluminum sulfate... i find this stuff is easier to come across during the growing months. try home depot or their equivalent in the UK

2 tbsp. vinegar per gallon of water. Coffee grounds will also work; use a garden claw to work it into the soil and then every time you water you'll be acidifying the soil.

Peppers are not extremely picky, but they prefer slightly acidic, somewhere in the range of 5.9-6.9. Your 7 is probably fine and I wouldn't obsess over it. You can get a granular plant food with a higher sulfur content, like a Tomato-Tone. Or go with old reliable and safe and mix in some fresh compost.

Back