• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Photobucket and THP

Like SumBits, I only upload to PB the images I'm going to post. The only thing I use PB for is forum posting (THP and a couple others). When doing DC or TD's I make note of the images I want to use, and only upload those to PB. And No, I haven't ben in the DC lately. Sounds like it might be time for GM to be a little more selective in posting? Less is more? Quality over quantity??????? :lol:

It's hard to find a happy medium and THP is a lot more fun in the beginning of the growing season before the garden fate turns an ever-increasing number of people ever-increasingly sour =) ...

Hypomania - It's "a thing" ...

I'm sure PB has an overall data cap per user, but that means GM has 100,000's of photos... especially if the majority of them are screen captures.

#andyoucan'tfigureoutphotobucket?

c'mon Gadget....

they fux0red their UI/UX ... they have made everything all infinite-scrolling mobile-like which makes it a pita to select multiple to move them around ... and it blows to lose the pagination in the "organization" view ...

they totally sacrificed the experience of the desktop user for that of the mobile user ... must be part of their profit model because it's a legendary step backwards in terms of usability imho ...

so it comes back to quality over quantity. Post what's important. I might take 50 pics for a td and only post 12-15 with the teaser posts. Mostly because I'm a lousy photographer and de-focus half the pics, and the forget the PoL, and not have all the ingredients.... :lol: not sure if this is helping or not, but I think every image I have on my PB account is a posted image. And Yes, Classic View....!!!! the biggest gripe I have about the new PB is that you can't scroll over the image and copy the link. You have to click/open the picture then copy the image link. I might be doing it wrong, and if so,I hope someone will tell me...

so it comes back to quality over quantity. Post what's important. I might take 50 pics for a td and only post 12-15 with the teaser posts. Mostly because I'm a lousy photographer and de-focus half the pics, and the forget the PoL, and not have all the ingredients.... :lol: not sure if this is helping or not, but I think every image I have on my PB account is a posted image. And Yes, Classic View....!!!! the biggest gripe I have about the new PB is that you can't scroll over the image and copy the link. You have to click/open the picture then copy the image link. I might be doing it wrong, and if ,I hope someone will tell me...

I'll post less if you post more ...

I'm sure PB has an overall data cap per user, but that means GM has 100,000's of photos... especially if the majority of them are screen captures.

Sometimes phantom.js is shooting captures as tiny little .png's that are tiny but numerous ... every little icon, dom element etc ... it's part of testing the application with a headless browser ... selenium is like greasemonkey on steroids ...

I get in trouble when I post more... :silenced:

Touche.

I have no idea wtf that last comment was about. :?: ..... that's my queue to re-wine....

Well, GM is using his account differently than the rest of us. Lifehacker stuff let's you appropriate as much functionally out of something as possible.

I'm working on something I believe a number of people here would find useful in addition to everything people do here ...

HTML5 and the new webkit browsers make it possible to do really cool new things with groups of browsers using webrtc ...

the person-to-person (near)-real-time web is going to explode with the convergence of fast cellular connections, multi-processor devices (you could substitute the term sensors at this point for a better depiction), and stateful websocket and SPDY connections ...

I love all tooling, the more basic and elemental the better. wedges, screws, presses ... #yay ... I could likely make a lot more money doing web stuff, but the tangible product that results from programming cnc machines is somehow much more rewarding than the applications you build programming ...

can't recommend this enough ...

Go round up some more re-wine and get back to this topic! and bring me some shrooms or ecstasy, would ya?

It doesn't really matter whether I think it's for the better of mankind, it's inevitably coming ... and apparently it's going to be bringing along a surveillance state with it ...

Building social graphs used to cost a lot of man hours, but the wiki concept showed that we're enough egomaniac to collectively +1/Like/Friend/DM/LinkedIn'd our social graph without considering the concerns of our lost privacy ...

Life's hard ... Let's go shopping!

Back