• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning phytophthora blight and cloning

So I figured out one of my plants had Phytophthora blight due to it losing almost all of its leaves and the stems dying from the bottom up.  I started cutting back the dead stems and it was basically into the main "trunk" of the plant.  There was one stem that was still alive(and still had most of its leaves on it) with no sign of the blight in its stem, so I am attempting to clone this stem(I didnt have any cloning gel so I used honey as that was mentioned in a thread). 

Is this a terrible idea?

Does this stem also contain the blight?

It is in dirt, in a pot, way away from any other plants, so if it does contain the blight and ends up not surviving, im not out anything.

I threw all the infected parts of the plant into the trash can and not into the compost pile.

I am a bit bummed, but none of my other 4 plants that were close to this one seem to be affected at all.

for early blight try , earth tone organic fungicide , or organocide plant doctor systemic fungicide this works through the whole plant , & or 90 / 10 water to peroxide and water it in thoroughly    , i did the last a few years ago with a plant in the garden used a whole bottle of peroxide and 9 parts water , got rid of it . it was a 3 foot tall plant ..   :onfire:

the plant is already gone.  I was trying to cut back the obviously bad stems, and the center was completely dead and hollow, I dont think there is anything that will bring that back.  The one piece that looked good is what I am attempting to clone.

My question really was "is it possible there is blight fungus in this part of the plant" and "is it a waste of time to try to clone"?

Back