chinense PI 257142 (Santa rosa blanco) - a C.chinense version of Aji omnicolor

I just wanted to bring this one to people`s attention, as I think it`s very cool.

This one appears to be a Brazilian C.chinense, similar to Cheiro recife. In a way it`s kinda like a C.chinense version of Aji omnicolor, IMHO.

Seeds are available at www.semillas.de as "Santa Rosa Blanco" (thanks Shane). This is a photo sent to me by a friend in the UK.

Nigel, I've grown these for a couple of years.    They were in a mixed pack of seeds.   Do you think its the same pepper?   The closest picture match I've found was called "Beni Market PI 543205" and that's what I've called them since.

BeniMarket3.jpg

I think very similar, but maybe not the same strain? It`s really tough to tell if they are just shape variants of the same thing or not.

There are 3 or 4 that look similar. PI 257142, PI 543205, Cheiro recife, Biquinho, Chupetinha. All have a similar shape and start off white-ish  ripening to red. 

​I liked the one my friend in the UK grew, checked the USDA we site and posted about that one. Where`s cmpman1974 when you need him?!?!??!

They are pretty close, the bottom photo shows the pods to have more rounded pods with a nipple to them while Nigels is more pointed.  If they are the same I would say that any differences is do to selection and or environmental conditions.

Back